Thread: Does anyone else pee a lot when you are anxious?

Does anyone else pee a lot when you are anxious?

I just started Fluoxotine, and it has made my anxiety a little worse, which is normal when you first start it (I have been on it before). I can stop panic attacks on it, but the overall anxiety is worse, and I keep having to pee

It also does not help that my worry has shifted from my heart to be bladder and kidneys

I have also been having bouts of loose smelly stools, and then being constipated, switching back and forth. It does not help that I had bloodwork done before xmas, and they said that my white blood cell count was a little high, and they want me to test it again. So now i am convinced that I have some sort of horrible infection.

I really hate my mind

Re: Does anyone else pee a lot when you are anxious?

I think its comon to need to pee more, I know I always do. I do even without anxiety if im a little nervous about something, like an interview or presentation etc.

From the symptoms section to the left:
    Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.
    What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' - the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.
    This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.
    Some remedies include ant-acids, diarrhoea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Well, it's not super urgent, does not hurt, does not smell. it's been cloudy, but phosphate build up from dairy has always done that to me.

When my sis had a bladder infection, she was literally peeing her pants.

i feel the urge to urinate alot when im anxious- like now haha.

Hi, anxiety upset my bladder, I was in the loo evry 20 mins! My doctor told me it's the adrenaline effect. Propranolol calmed me down and helped to sort it out.

Thread Information