Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mirtazapine

mirtazapine

hi

I have just started mirtazapine at 15mg, read all about it via remedy find and crazymeds.org etc so i know all about the side effects of appetite and its affect on making u sleep and that to move up from 15 to 30mg makes it less drowsy but the effect i am getting off it after a wk on it is that i feel 'hard to explain' dizzy is the best word for it and as if my head is in cotton wool and everything is slightly numb like I am on a doping medecine to numb my eyesight hearing sense of touch my fingers when i am typing etc, its literally like i am doped up on something etc plus my blood pressure is thru the roof

absolutely great for anxiety, its killed my anxiety totally off at the trade off of killing everything else off, only thing i am worried about now is that i feel totally numb

went to see my gp today and he took absolutely no notice but to look at me as if 'oh no not again'

i am just about thru with medication -

has anyone else ended up with this numb feeling cos this is a physical effect and its damned unpleasant and i hope it either wears off as i take the med more or that it goes away if i stop it cos it feels like someone has interfered with my actual nervous system

I've sent you a PM

Jo z

i have been on this medication for nearly 2 and a half months now dont know if its working or not.but are suffering awfull pains in my right hip and pins and needles down the right leg to my ankle being treated for sciatica.but wondering if its a side effect of the miritzapine.i didnt have these pains before starting them any replys appreciated.[8D]

l.m.bell

Hi I was on mirtazapine years ago and put on 4 stone in weight which all dropped of when I stopped it . Sorry but don't remember how good it was for anxiety.

i havent long came off mirtazapine, it did'nt help me much plus i found it hard to wake up in the mornings when i was on it.

Hi

I took Mirtazapine for just over 3 months during the summer. It didn't help my anxiety at all and i think it made me more depressed than i already was at the time. I didn't gain any weight as it didn't increase my appetite.

I also experienced really strange stomach cramps which i'd not had before and have gone since. It was like some one had actually twisted my stomach and i'd be doubled up in pain for a minute or so.

I've been on mirtazapine for nearly 2 years - tried to come off it in the summer but did it too quickly, felt very very sick, so took it again.

I've put on about a stone and a half (but I did need it at the beginning) 'cos I lost tons of weight as I felt sick all the time with the anxiety.

I can definitely remember the first two weeks though - I felt like I was wandering around in a fog - or I did describe it to me gp as "like having the flu but with no runny nose!"

And Cassie has got me wondering about my tummy pains - they are really bad at the moment and I swear the meds don't help my IBS. I think its only SSRIs (could be wrong!) that help IBS, PMT etc.

But they do help/did help my anxiety. I just want rid of them now, but sooooooooooo scared of how I'll feel when I stop again.

I would stick with em for a little longer (the first couple of weeks are pretty horrid) but it does get better.

SB xx

how long does it take for them to help i have been on them now for 3 months but dont seem any better,infact the anxiety as doubled since being on them.but seem to be getting more panicky and restless also head in a constant fog.and confidence as also deteriated,any answers,doctors just tell me to keep taking them .also does anyone know anything about cognitive thinking as i have terrible unanswerable thoughts.

l.m.bell

Hi all - I've been on Mirtazapine for about 4 months (15mg then 30mg). Can't really say that its made any difference at all to my anxiety.

I did stop them to switch tablets a couple of months ago, but had terrible panic attacks from the moment I woke up, so started taking them again.

More recently I've had trouble waking in the morning. My doctor recommended I take them earlier in the evening, but they don't make me drousy. I only struggle to get up once I have been to sleep (and half the time I can't get to sleep), so no real gain there.

Other than that I've had no other side effects at all. Not that I know of anyway.

As my anxiety got worse coming up to Christmas time, I'll be seeing my GP next week and reviewing where we're at. Its probably time for a change, so will let you know if theres any problems coming off them.

I was on Mirtaz during the summer for 12 weeks and it made me worse as well and I totally lost my appetite. after much research I found that the makers state if it doesnt help after 4 weeks it's not likely to. So I came off and changed meds. Not that I'm having much success but at least I'm not worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information