Hi,
I am having a nasty sinus infection with lots of congestion and phlegm. The stuff ends up in my throat and it makes me feel there is somethign there and that it's tight and i can't breathe right. The throat makes me cough, which sounds horrible. I went to the doctors and they just gave me steroid nasal spray and gave me antibiotics. I have these sinus problems often and last year they gave me peak flow to take for a few weeks to make me see that it's nothing to do with my breathing. I was blowing 400-430 all the time, maybe 450 a few times but i can never repeat that again after i get it. I kept the peak flow since than to make myself see when i get panicky that i am actually breathing. When i started feeling like this now i took it out and i could only blow to 400, and that is if i really try my hardest, mostly 380 or something, and I am really panicking. I told the doctor and he was like oh i don't think that is anything. But I am obsessed with blowing now. My nose is blocked and the stuff are in my throat and on top of that i am bloated (PMS ) but i keep trying to blow at least 400 until my head starts spinning...
I read some post on the internet saying oh you should have at least 460, 500 and if you have under 350 you should rest and go to the doctor or whatever, but under 400 is not good as well. So I got really worried. Maybe something is wrong with me.
I have a terrible panic about breathing, I had really bad breathing symptoms before but my tests were always ok even when i felt the worse. Maybe it is normal for these things to go down a bit when you got a cold, but that doesn't help me now because it was fine before. I even found some scientific paper saying that they found in healthy people with acute rhinitis or sinusitis that their lung function and pea flow were temporarily reduced compare to after the infection.
I don't know what to think anymore...