Thread: Does anyone else feel like me???

Does anyone else feel like me???

Hi, I am new and this is my first post. I am 33 years old and have been told by dr's that I have panic disorder along with thyroid problems (hypothyroid). There are times that just doing a load of laundry or bending down to clean my daughter's room causes my heart to pound and my pulse to race. This then usually scares me and causes a full blown panic attack. My doctor just recently raised my dose of synthroid,and I wonder if that can bring on panic attacks? Has anyone felt like this before?? I sure hope so.

hello there,

I can often get paranoid when my heart rate increases and that can sometimes cause me to have a panic attack. It doesn't normally happen just from doing laundry though but normally from going on a long walk, etc. Hope you feel better soon.

Sarah

Hi and welcome to the site.

I am afraid that I don't know much about thyroid problems - does it cause physical syptoms?

Hope we can be of some help

Nicola

I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING SOMETIMES AFTER ONE FLIGHT OF THE STAIRS OR CARRYING THE LAUNDRY BASKET. THIS AT ONE TIME STOPPED ME FROM DOING HOUSEWORK AND CLEANING AND EXERCISING. I DO FIND JUST DEEP BREATHS AND CALM DOWN BUT YOU HAVE TO GET RIGHT BACK UP.
    AS FAR AS THE THYROID, I HAVE FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT HAVE THIS AND THEY DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS AT ALL.

TT

Hi Dette

Welcome to the forum. I had hyperthyroidism a couple of years ago which did cause my pulse rate to be fast and I was put on Propranolol. Following treatment for this, I am now hypothryroid and have to take Thyroxine.

It might be worth seeing your doctor for a blood test to check your levels. If the medication is too high I was told it can make your thyroid levels too high which might cause some of the symptoms. If you have it checked and your levels are in the normal range, it is more likely due to anxiety.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

just a note, i knew a woman who required synthroid after having her thyroid removed - synthroid is a synthetic form of thyroid hormone which simply put up-regulates metabolism. the dosing intervals are small, measured in micrograms, and the theraputic window is also small and it can take months to get the dose correct. consult your doctor or endocrinologist frequently while adjusting replacement therapy, my friend had similar symptoms which subsided when synthroid was reduced and adjusted. good luck

Dette,
    Thyroid disorders can have the same symptoms as anxiety and panic. It is the most commonly mistaken illness with panic.
    It is routine that when someone presents with anxiety and panic they have a thyroid blood screen so ensure this is well controlled by an endocrinologist .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

yes i often feel like you. i too have under active thyroid and to be honest its been a right pain. i feel just like you, panicking for no reason, the symptoms alone are awful, but i have heard that thyroid problems come with many, many symptoms. although i have just had my levels checked and they came back fine, its doesnt stop me from feeling crappy!

Denni

Re: Does anyone else feel like me???

Hi I have been feeling really low recently and my doc has recommended that I have a blood test so that my thyroid can be checked out...after reading these posts I will go for blood test after hols but think my anxierty is back and taking over again...

Thread Information