Hi all,

So I've had depression and anxiety that began 12years ago after a traumatic illness and had 4 episodes of depression and exacerbated anxiety during this time. Most recently has been what I would say is moderate depression and I'm still trying to pull myself out of it. I don't know why but this one has been the game changer, probably because it's stopped me in my tracks. I can see how I was doing far too much, working 22hrs plus overtime, studying part time and starting a small business all whilst trying to arrange my wedding, and the stress was unbelievable so have no doubt a series of work related problems were the trigger. However, I've just had news that may add to it.

Recently I have stomach problems which they told me was IBS, however the symptoms were getting worse so I had blood tests. The results showed antibodies were high for coeliac disease, I was deficient in b & d vitamins and folic acid then a gastrophy showed I do have coeliac. So I set out to find out what I could about gluten intolerance and lo and behold it's linked to depression! I'm not saying it's the root cause but it could be a major factor since serotonin receptors are found in the stomach. I am completely overhauling my life now, I'm just starting a gluten free diet, I've added the supplements I'm deficient in plus omega 3. I'm reducing my hours of work and scheduling in free days every week, doing my exercise religiously and mindfulness. It has to be a new way of life as I can't keep neglecting myself to the point of breakdown.

My doctor wasn't really helpful throughout this and I had to push to get all these tests done so I have to say if you feel something isn't right, you know your body better than anyone.