Thread: Why do I let anxiety do this to me?

Why do I let anxiety do this to me?

Just came back on here after such a long time and read back my post and realise i always come back to this site when im having a bad time to vent and ask for advice so thank you for being here.
    The last year hasnt been too bad for my anxiety wise, its not been amazing but better than most years. Ive lost weight which means my confidence is high and feel happier (yay). My husband has recently had to give up work due to ill health so i decided to look for a job and low and behold i got the first job i applied for. The job tbh is a fairly easy job working on the phones (outbound) and no pressure. Hours are great, work round us as a family etc....all should be good!!!!!!!!! yet ive been having real bad anxiety while ive been in work. Today was a bad day and i was honestly ready to up and walk out. I didnt though and i stuck it out, now i cant sleep thinking about tomorrow and whether its gonna be the same. Honestly feel like crying. This job tbh is everything ive ever wanted (always wanted to work in an office environment), theres no pressure on me, hours are fab so why cant i just enjoy it??? Why does the anx have to get in the way ALL THE TIME? Dont want to tell my hubby as i dont know where to start. Just feeling so fed up right now, why just why???

Re: Why do I let anxiety do this to me?

Change is scary! Even good change.
    I don't know about you but any change in my routine can cause my anxiety to flare up!
    The good news is you didn't run from it. From experience I know that when you give in and let anxiety rule what you do and where you go, your world gets smaller and smaller!
    With me I ended up housebound for almost 5 years!
    So in the midst of the anxiety you triumphed! You stuck it out!! How cool is that???

Now you can tell yourself you made it thru that so you can make it thru again and just knowing that will help a little bit with the anxiety in the long run.

Congrats on the job too

xx
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Thread Information