Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rescue remedy

Re: Rescue remedy

I tired. I concede "bunk" was not used but I stand by my view re studies.
    "Pompous study" and "nutty professor" the words you used. And yet again, you were unable to read and digest my posts!
    I said they DO WORK for some as the placebo is a effect that's real for the person using the supplement. Do you not understand that I was agreeing but WOW, you like not to be challenged eh, which I wasn't doing!
    You failed to answer the questions re seriously unwell people who believe this is more than a placebo effect and refuse the chance of recovery by dismissing conventional medicine! You will retort that it's there choice, and if they have mental capacity it is. But it should be informed choice and they are not correctly informed if they believe it will work in anyway more than a placebo way.

I don't wish to rile you but you must admit I do have at least a couple of valid points.

I'm off out soon my boy put a DVD on.....would you believe it "The Nutty Professor". Can't stand that movie!
    As I travel along the white cliffs of Dover

Debs is talking in the context of anxiety. NOT life threatening illness. I don't believe Debs would condone chasing snake oils in a cancer case is right so I would leave that out of scope otherwise I guess we should start pulling in the various meds over the years that have been harmful yet were approved & licensed? We could also then be talking about the dubious drug trials too and maybe doctors pushing cheap SSRI's making a profit on the national prescription charge that the NHS don't tell us about or maybe just that these cheap meds are peddled because they are cheap even when they may know they won't be the correct solution? Or maybe GP's a nd their sometimes dangerous use of Diazepam or blatant lies over drugs like Pregabalin? Such a wide debate would probably open up such points. So, stick to the anxiety context I would say.

Science moves forward as you say. But unless the studies have proven there is no effect with the correct controls to test them (it's not sufficient to test purely to see if they work) and I haven't read the review or the studies so I wouldn't know.

Hi Terry,

I agree with your points. Although I did mention in an earlier post that there have been many mistakes in the past. Mega profits in the pharmaceutical trade illicit bias, fraud and down right criminal behaviour. I believe things are improving though due to the strict phased control studies that now appear the norm.
    Although we have to remember just because a drug proves devasting in its adverse effects, Thalidomide is one example, which caused many thousands of awful birth defects in the 1960s. I may be mistaken but I believe it was used as a sleep aid and antiemetic for pregnant mothers. Obviously due to the terrible disabilities and distress it caused it was withdrawn from use for that particular patient group......but this drug is still in use today for patients suffering Leprosy and to treat specific cancers.
    But I still can't agree with a supplement which only effect is placebo (and yes, I realise that still helps some people). There is no proven method/mechanism of action, non-existent Pharmokinetic abilities proven and not a single respected peer reviewed research study that proves any benefits apart from the placebo effect. I think it's irresponsible for certain UK established Chemists/Pharmacies to sell this vastly overpriced ethonol water combo as a complementary medicine.
    Jeez, even the Royal veterinary Association advise people not to give it to their pets! Which many do.
    I think certain people like the feeling of control/empowerment as they do truly believe it works similar to a medicine and not just "expensive hope" in a bottle!

Anyway, enough of this, I must try and get some sleep. 3rd night of absolute insomnia!

Night peeps.
    As I travel along the white cliffs of Dover

I find the rescue remedy very good at times of stress x

Never tried it but do have a bottle in for would you believe my dog yes that's right my dog There are no side effects either in dogs or us humans except that in toy breeds of dogs it can make them a tad tipsy LOL but that does wear off. and apprently it's more potent with water! And does really help my dog with firewroks and thunder and lightening too There's quite a few different Rescue Remedys to choose from and some are alchol free too Holland and Barrat sell the range of this product!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Never tried it but do have a bottle in for would you believe my dog yes that's right my dog There are no side effects either in dogs or us humans except that in toy breeds of dogs it can make them a tad tipsy LOL but that does wear off. and apprently it's more potent with water! And does really help my dog with firewroks and thunder and lightening too There's quite a few different Rescue Remedys to choose from and some are alchol free too Holland and Barrat sell the range of this product!!
    I've only heard of rescue remedy in relation to dogs; interesting that people take it too.

My dog is on trazodone, prozac, and zylkene. His anxiety is pretty intense.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I've only heard of rescue remedy in relation to dogs; interesting that people take it too.

My dog is on trazodone, prozac, and zylkene. His anxiety is pretty intense.
    Actually Poppy it the other way around it's meant for us!! But dogs can safely use it and have great succes too I have even heard it can be used on anxious horses too!!! Your poor dog what his name and breed?!! what a cocktail of drugs he has one would think many possible side effects in relation to all those drugs Did you know it's more potent from his water bowl?!! So when Nipper my dog needs Rescue Remedy 5/6 drops in her water
    and she is dead calm have you just tried RR in your dogs water bowl Who prescribed the drugs for your dog your vet?? To me it doesn't sound right.

Love it. Carry it around with me everyday in my purse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information