Thread: What happened?

What happened?

What happened to me? I used to be so good at trying new things. Yes, they made me nervous, but that never used to stop me. As I kid I went on residential trips abroad, went to sleepovers, joined clubs. As a teenager I went to parties, applied for jobs, met new people, even moved to a whole other part of the country, by myself, for college.
    But now that college is over (2 years over), everything is scary. Sending an email is scary. Driving to work is scary. The prospect of changing jobs, moving out, doing further study, a career, a relationship... it's all scary. I've never been met with such mental blocks before.
    I have my life goals. But actually trying to achieve them feels impossible. Literally impossible. No one gets that.

Re: What happened?

Fear will keep pushing you further and further back when you don't face it. And uncertainty will keep you stuck where you are too. But when you face the reality you often see it was all an illusion and that the reality is something easier. So it's important to make a decision and take action as soon as possible. Don't stop to think ! As an anxiety sufferer, that's even more important. Keep doing not thinking !

When you do these things you will FEEL better, because you no longer feel frozen and stuck.

Make a decision.
    Go !

Re: What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by JosieLouise View Post
    What happened to me? I used to be so good at trying new things. Yes, they made me nervous, but that never used to stop me. As I kid I went on residential trips abroad, went to sleepovers, joined clubs. As a teenager I went to parties, applied for jobs, met new people, even moved to a whole other part of the country, by myself, for college.
    But now that college is over (2 years over), everything is scary. Sending an email is scary. Driving to work is scary. The prospect of changing jobs, moving out, doing further study, a career, a relationship... it's all scary. I've never been met with such mental blocks before.
    I have my life goals. But actually trying to achieve them feels impossible. Literally impossible. No one gets that.
    That's exactly what I go through and have done for 12 years since leaving school. I also experience severe unpleasant symptoms which mimic acid reflux but no evidence has surfaced to suggest I have a Gastrointestinal disorder so I assume my anxiety is so severe that it is literally attacking my body and mimicking physical illness.

Thread Information