Thread: Propanalol

Propanalol

I have been given Propanalol 40mg to be taken as needed but some people say its better to take in regulary to stop the anxiety building. Your advice please. I am currently trying the new A/D Cymbalta but so far its not kicked in the help the anxiety

Hi Joy, I also take it when needed, not otherwise, it just depends on how bad your anxiety is, is it bad at the moment? if it isn't just take it when you need to, you don't want to rely on them, they are not an antidepressent!! I think they are a great drug ever invented for anxiety and other illnessess.

Hope this helps,

Take care,

Polly

Well they work sometimes for me and sometimes not thats why I was wondering to take them regularly for a few days to see if that helpsDo you take yours when the panic starts to build or when. My panic doesnt seem to involve heart palps so thats why I think they dont work awfully well

I take them when I am having really bad anxiety because all the tabs do is block your adrenaline, which enables your heart to relax, which then calms you down. I also take one when I am having a bad panic attack. Taking it for a couple of weeks with your AD should be fine will be fine but I wouldn't recommend staying on them permanently. How long have you been on Cymbalta it can take up to 2 months to work properly but you should start to feel the benefits after a month or so.

Take care,

Polly

Hi, i was given propranolol by doc yesterday for ectopic beats( and the fact im convinced i will drop down dead!!) only 10mg, but i am so anxious about my health i was too scared to take it. Well today i took half of one, to shut my hubby up! and i feel awful! my heart slowed down and i could hardly feel it, so then i panicked for the last 5 hrs and had loads of flutters, was awful!! But now i dont kno what to do!! even more scared to take them now!! any ideas. PLEASE!!! i just want to cry forever now!!

s.bee

Hi, i too, have been on this for just over a week - i took 80mg once a day for a few days and felt like I was about to pass out continuously. Went back to thr doctors and got 40mg instead and am much better - had a few probs like you mentioned settling into them butI think if your like me its because you dont like the tablets working inside you as that can be quite a scary thought in itself! Give it a few days and remember many people class propranolol as a wonder drug!

Good Luck!

Thread Information