Thread: Any ideas ??? please help

Any ideas ??? please help

Hi there

To cut a long story short.......lol

I was put on Agomelatine for Seasonal Affective Disorder as a change from my old SSRI, my pdoc didn't think Ago was doing enough for me so asked me to continue Ago but also take Lamotrigine (mood stab) I was very wary of going on a mood stabilizer but I decided she was the pdoc and knew what she was on about.

Went from 25mg once a day for 2 weeks, to 25mg twice a day for 2 weeks then got to 50mg twice a day for 2 weeks, I noticed that I was very foggy headed, couldn't concentrate on things very well, almost felt slowed down and stupid ! I was still experiencing anxiety and depression and to be honest didn't feel any antidepressant effects of it at all.

I told pdoc about symptoms, she dismissed them saying how good the drug was, I was furious she wasn't listening to me at all !

I went back to GP who agreed I should come off Lamotrigine, and instead start my old SSRI Escitalopram along with the Ago.

The last 2 weeks of coming off Lamotrigine have been pure hell !!! depression through the floor, anxiety through the roof ! feeling as though I was loosing my mind !
    I'm now on 12.5mg twice a day and hoping to stop in the next few days, I will be so glad to have this drug out my system !

Have been on the Escitalopram for just over a week now and all seems ok with that, but I still have this foggy head, inability to concentrate properly, and a feeling as though the light are on but no ones home ! (

Do you think this will go over time ? is it due to the Lamotrigine ? I just want to feel like my old self again.

Please help

Marky Mark

Re: Any ideas ??? please help

No ?

Re: Any ideas ??? please help

So no ideas ? no experiences with coming off Lamotrigine ?

Thread Information