Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone overcome fear of dying

Re: Has anyone overcome fear of dying

Yeah me to mandie as for counselling I ave had a fair big different counselling including CBT its like no one here the fear bit I really don't no how I can live a happy live with this aefull thought around all time xxx

Quote Originally Posted by trish1955 View Post
    Every one keeps saying we all going to die I no that but keep hearing don't help my fear I no you suppose to enjoy living its so sad that I have not enjoys much of my life do to my fear its really awful as all I want is to live before I die. To he honest don't see how that's e er going to change x
    To be honest there is probabley not many people who are not scared ,and we are not saying are advice is going to help but dwelling on it certainly isnt ,sorry to seem so blunt but its something you need to conquer its life .And why live the rest of your life worrying go and speak to your gp about it you cant carry on not living because you fear dying xx

Like you Trish, I remember distinctly being around 6 or 7 when the realisation and panic suddenly came over me that I was going to die one day and I became distressed. At the time, my mother and sister had been talking about someone who had died.

When my anxiety is reduced and my stress levels go down, so does the fear; but when im stressed or my anxiety is bad, then the thoughts about death become thick and fast.

Dying is something I cant control and I cant opt out of and it makes no difference what i do or dont do - its going to happen anyway. Its a fear of the unknown and the uncontrollable. And its exactly the same for everyone else!

Dont go thinking that everyone else isnt scared, because they are. The only difference between you and them is that you allowed the fear of it to get the better of you. So its the fear you need to address, not the dying, because you cant do anything about that anyway.

Easier said than done. But I find relaxation, mindfulness, doing things I like to do help. Do something you like to do and you realise that its the ggod things you need to do to chase away the bad thoughts. But do things to bring down your anxiety and tension and the thoughts wont scare you so much when they do come.

Hi tish so for about 6 months I got thoughts that I was already going to d..
    These thoughts brought a horrible feeling of doom a dread I couldn't shake. I am always afraid I always think I'm so close to dying I look at older people and I feel jelouse I pray and beg god everyday to let me be able to see my mom again at least before it happens I beg him to not take me from my son. I don't know what to do I keep reading stories about how people have premonitions I'm so scared I see everything as a sign its horrible ��

Trish:

About once a day for weeks on end I will get the "shivvers". Usually, I cause it to happen by thinking about my own mortality. As I've gotten older and engaged and have more responsibilities, the feeling hits harder than it used to.

I will start thinking about not being in this world anymore, and then I shudder and shake my head because its a bad feeling.

I haven't been able to beat it, other than trying to *not* think about the inevitable. I can go weeks without it, if I don't think about it.

i have this fear every day for the past 2/3 months. scares me, get panic attacks and constantly its in the back of my mind. i know we all die..who wants to live forever anyway in this world..but the thought of not knowing what happens after is what scares me. i have a faith and belive in god but sometimes it doesnt seem enough.

Quote Originally Posted by trish1955 View Post
    I not sure were to put this I just wanted to find some positives of people who have overcome there feat of dying I am so tired of fight it every day arts ruled me for over fifty years and stopped me living x

My mother died and I felt totally alone.. I just wanted to die.. I did not care or want anyone to care about me and I almost had a death wish. I was like this for five years ,no fear or fear of death.. Best five years of my life being fearless but that was another time.. Now I am not alone and cling to life because I have to much to loose ..So I fear again. I am not sure which is better. Fear or no fear..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information