Thread: is anyone taking half inderal ( propanol hydrochloride )

is anyone taking half inderal ( propanol hydrochloride )

got perscribed with this today, i didnt want to go back on antidepressnts even though its for anxiety not depression this time due to how it effected me before, so ive been given this.

is anyone else taking it? im a bit scared to start them after reading through the leaflet as it says dont take if u have poor circulation, and i dont think mine is great, i have a few mildish varicose veins on my legs and my hands and feet get cold extremely easily. im scared it will slow my heart down too much as well? i really want to start them tonight as im sick of been anxious all the time but i darnt yet until i know a bit more about it, please can anyone advise me? thanks

Re: is anyone taking half inderal ( propanol hydrochloride )

Hi, I was prescribed them 3 weeks ago and felt very nervous bout taking them but in the end I thought I've got to as my anxiety was terrible and I felt almost instantly better it calmed me down and I haven't had any problems. If you felt they didn't agree with you just go to the dr and get something different. Good luck x

hi, thanks for the reply they work straight away? sounds too good to be true! i was just worried my heart would beat too slow due to my circulation, but since they worked well with u i might just take one and risk it, i cant take many more nights of 3 hours sleep!!

I take propranolol and like you my circulation isnt great but its caused me no probs.. first couple of days heart rate was a little lower than i was comfortable with .. about 58 but soon balanced itself out.

It really does help.. you should try it .

good luck

mand

Hi,

I took Inderal about 25 years ago for migraines and I'm okay so if you take them as directed I don't think they will hurt you. I would not go off them without a doctor's help though as with any medication.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Laura

thanks for your replies, i have taken one a bit ago and not sure how i feel now... i havent had one of them painful beats if u know what i mean for a while, and im not anxious, well, my hearts not racing anymore, but not im just petrified of going to bed, coz i keep thinking if its lower than normal it might like, stop in my sleep or something as ur blood pressure/heart rate is lower at night isnt it? i wish i had taken it earlier on now not so close to going to bed but i thought if i took it near bedtime i would actually get some sleep tonight, but now i dont know if i dare! sorry to be a pain, its probs just me been paranoid but i cat help thinking it but i do feel better in some ways hopefully like u say it will settle down after a few days
    thanks

they do settle down. the thing to remember is they do slow the heart rate down but they do so by primarily acting on the sympathetic nervous system receptors. so if you're heart rate is 110, it might slow you to 85, but if your heart rate is 70, you might only see it drop to like 60 or 65. so it's not like it would typically drop a low heartrate down as much as it does a higher one.

my favorite thing about them is when the kids start yelling or someone winds me up it has no physical effect on me. that part is very nice indeed.

Hmmm, wonder why in the world they gave this med to me for migraines as a preventative measure.

Laura

yeah i heard that from my doctor too and have NO IDEA what that link is supposed to be. maybe it's one of those things they found that some migraine sufferers had less migraines on them (like how people on welbutrin quit smoking without intending to).

weird

ahh i see, i dont feel as bad now i know it changes relativly. hehe, yeah i bet thats nice i do actually feel alot calmer now, it will be really wierd if i wake up like this tomorrow, i can cope with feeling a bit dizzy if i dont get crazy racing heart trying to break out my chest lol.

Thread Information