Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convinced I am dying! Really down right now...

Re: Convinced I am dying! Really down right now...

When I get new symptoms, I try and put them under the anxiety umbrella but a part of me does worry that I shouldn't be ignoring them. One day, I'll ignore something I really shouldn't!

Going back to the CBT techniques - my therapist would tell me to just accept the symptoms. Let them be. Let them do whatever they want. I assume you quit university and work because you were afraid of something, not just because your vision was strange? My therapist would probably say let whatever you're afraid of just happen. If it's serious, like fainting, vomiting etc then people will help you. And if nothing happens, then great.

Have you tried that?

Personally, I struggle with that advice. I allow the symptoms up to a point but when it reaches that point, I always let them overwhelm me and I go and lie down or whatever. I need to learn how to live with the symptoms. Mindfulness is meant to help.

I have tried so hard to be normal and accept my symptoms, but this one I can't seem to chalk up to being just anxiety and panic disorder. Like it just feels so real and doesn't seem to fit under my usual umbrella lol. Hopefully I can get this under control because right now, all I want to do is sleep......

Dyl

I have to agree with fishmanpa (as always), reassurance only works if you're willing to accept it and by your posts tonight, you're not ready to. By doing so, you're keeping that anxiety cycle alive in your mind. Take a break from this forum, have a bath, listen to music, do something for at least half an hour that shifts your focus.
    I've been there, it's awful, but at present we can't give you the answers that you need, and even if we could, it's unlikely you'd believe them.
    I'm short sighted, my sight is constantly blurred, I only wear my glasses for distance as with them on my sight feels so strange as everything is too close. My eyesight has deteriorated since last exam, and my new prescription felt really strange at first.
    Wishing you well. X

What happens if you ignore it? Does it affect your balance? If you said "right, it's been here for a few weeks, not sure what it is, but today, I'll just ignore it, pretend it's not there, not mention it, not acknowledge it, just do whatever I was planning on doing, etc", what happens?

Are you physically unable to do things?

With me, when I try that, some symptoms cause me physical pain and it literally stops me doing some things. Which is frustrating.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

By the way, I think people go through phases and seeking reassurance and accepting reassurance are two different phases. Posting on here and listening to people help you get from one stage to the other but obviously while that happens, it comes across as though we're not listening or helping ourselves. I definitely take everything in and my brain processes it later.

Thanks TraceyPo!

I've had like every test done imaginable and even have been told by my doc that I am one of the healthiest patients he has at his facility, except for the anxiety part. Idk why I can't believe all three eye docs saying my eyes are healthy. They constantly feel out of focus, tired, and just downright weird. The blurriness is really setting me off. I finally got a prescription that worked a week ago. But two minutess after I put them on I swore they went blurry again and now I am convinced that my eye sight has deteriorated since last week. It probably hasn't, but I am still worrieed.

I'll take your advice, I really need to get offf here. I'd love a final reply though(:

Dyl

Goodnight, let us know tomorrow how you are, give your mind and body a rest, as you must be exhausted by now with your heightened anxiety.
    Try not to worry, remember what you have been told by professionals who have spent years training in their field.
    X

Unhappy Re: Convinced I am dying! Really down right now...

I'm gonna cry. Please someone help. I feel like vision isn't improving. Like I'm really terrified I'll wake up blind or something. As stated I've been to three eye doctors and they've all said my eyes are okay. I do get headaches sometimes and it seems that after the headache my vision just goes to crap the rest of the day. I really need someone to talk to...... please I'm begging anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information