Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Very Nervous

Feeling Very Nervous

Well tonight imfeeling very nervous my anxiety is trying to beat me.I realy a lot on my perants i know if i have an attack or feel sick faint dizzy or ill i can call to theres 3mins away and its reasureing and i calm down.there off tommorow on a 2 week cruise which means i will beon my own for the whole period and its really scareing me.I have sufferd with agoraphobia for 7 years 5 of which was spent not leaving a box room but have conqured some of it and now go to the shops,Do volentry work which involves out doors walking ect.

When they go away i seem tolock down and not do anything cause i dont want to feel any sensations or risk been exposed to anything i cant control.

I use relaxation which helps a bit also know a lot of cbt (CBT DOSE WORK LOL)but imstruggling with inforceing it into practise and was wondering could anyone help me?

kev
    Last edited by kevjns; 28-11-09 at 18:07.

Re: Feeling Very Nervous

Hi Kev

I used to be like this when my mum went on holiday. For some reason, i just didn't feel safe and all sorts used to go through my mind. Just remember hun that nothing bad will happen. Try to keep busy too and remember we are all here for you too.

You'll be fine
    Lisa
    xx

thanks.It very tough as i have a obbsesional thoguths also im such a negative person.My cbt nurse has said its whats causeing the problems.Im trying everything to change my life style and make it more possative but i just dont know how to stop or challenge the thought prosesses.

I feel the same when my husband is away from me and it has become so bad that last time he had to go away on business I had a panic attack before he left the house! He actually cut short his business trip for me, travelling through the night to get home sooner and now of course I feel guilty that he felt he had to do this for me.
    Life would be so much easier if we could stop the negative thoughts and replace them with possitive ones and I think the fact you know where you need to make changes is a huge step forward.

honestly if i was you i would ask my parents to have a phone i could contact them on if i needed reasurance i am the same rely on them so much i cant be alone even to get my eldest to school my dad comes and sits with me whilst my partner takes him at least you are going to do it and will be a stronger person for doing it so your not as negative as you think lol xx

Well first day seems not to bad theres anxiety and im handleing ok.It will be a majour thing if i can conqure the next 13 day.I havealso decided to treat my self to a ps3 if and only if i can do the full 13 days kind of rewardi guess.

Yes thats right....treat yourself because you will deserve it and its something to look forward to.

I think you will be fine. Keep posting as we are all here to help you through. Keep yourself as busy as you can and remember that nothing bad is going to happen.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

hi there i am new to the forum and have just read your thread i agree that you will deserve to treat yourself to a ps3 at the end of the two weeks You will be fine am sure x

Hi.
    Just wondering how things are going? Good I hope.

Im doing good bordums getting to me a bit but ive been on my drums kit a lot ha ha its a good stree releaver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information