Thread: Scary thoughts again

Scary thoughts again

Hi, i have had a few better times and then had to have surgery which dragged me down. I then read a scary article in a magazine about a woman who said she gets demons out of people and as that was a irrational thought of mine its come back. As soon as the thought of getting possessed comes into my head i immediately feel terror and panic, it feels so real. What i don't understand is that even when people tell me it doesn't happen its like i don't believe them. I'm so worried i will spend my whole life believing something that isn't right. i made the mistake of loking it up on the internet and scared myself more. i was afraid i was believing it but my Husband says there is a difference in believing it and being afraid of thinking about it. i would really appreciate any help and advice, thanks so much, Carol.

Re: Scary thoughts again

Hi Carol

I can promise you there is NO chance of you being possessed by a demon.

In all my time as a christian I have never come across anyone that has been possessed or even heard of anyone that was really possessed. Sure we can read magazines that say such things but they are written more for thrill value than anything else.
    We can all read something and then our mind can have us wonder "oh what if that happens to me" but its really just an irrational thought that has no basis of truth in it.

You have nothing to fear so please allow me to put your mind at rest
    Last edited by purplehaze; 16-08-08 at 13:08.

Hi carol...I read that article aswell....
    Everyone has fears and you can always learn 2 control them ...it will take time and hard work .
    dont google things on your fear as it will make you worse and what you dont know cant hurt you.
    Have u spoke 2 a councillor about your thoughts etc.
    just remember hun that they are only thoughts as intense as they are they can be changed .

titch xxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Thankyou both so much for your helpful replies, i think i'm scared of still having these irrational thoughts and fears even when the anxiety gets better. is it the anxiety that makes us believe these thoughts. thanks so much again, Carol.

Carol

Anxiety can lead our minds to believe so much...You hit the nail on the head when you asked "is it the anxiety that makes us believe these irrational thoughts"

We know the thoughts are irrational but because of our anxiety/panic etc we seem to allow ourselves to believe things that will never happen and focus on them too much. Take time just to focus on the positive things in your life and remain focused on that.

take care

kev xx

I can really identify with all of this. I have the weirdest thoughts sometimes, I went for a walk yesterday and just looking at the sky scared me.

I've taken a good read of the anxiety help page on this site and have decided to stop drinking alcohol and do relaxation exercises on a daily basis. Something I have not done until this point.

As for those negative thoughts - well I've not been strict enough up until now. They are persistent, like a 2 year old child can be persistent in what they want, but without discipline, the thoughts run wild, as does a 2 year old.

The negative thoughts come, and then I think about what I'm thinking, the fear sets in and there you go ...

Thread Information