Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who worries that a "real" symptom is gonna be mistaken for anxiety?

Who worries that a "real" symptom is gonna be mistaken for anxiety?

This Is My Biggest Worry! I worry that i'm gonna mistake a "real" symptom for anxiety all the time I'm sure there's more of us like this. How do you deal with it? I need some way to figure out how to deal with it

Re: Who worries that a "real" symptom is gonna be mistaken for anxiety?

Hi there...

I am always worried about it also... I believe doctors don't care to diagnose or look closely and see if there is something wrong with me..............
    The way I found to manage this is taking care of my health and make sure I don't get stressed out... a therapist is helpful too.....

Yes I do and that's why I never go to the doctors when I have symptoms, also I don't want to know if I've got something bad.

I'm the same i dread going to the drs incase it's my anxiety so i tend not to go for of wasting their time the only time i will go is when my hubby nags me.

I think the same thing.....but I tell myself that it's all in my head and I laugh at myself. It usually goes away soon after.

I'm the same (infact thats exactly what i said to my health care therapist today) The way i've come dealing with it is to push the symptoms aside for a minute and ask myself if i really think i have whatever i think i've got. I tend to do this when it's quite i close my eyes and listen to my gut feeling. I think we all know deep down if it's something serious. It doesn't stop it completely but it helps at that moment in time

yeah i just try to take care of myself, do the regular tests and dr's appointments .. and just ride out my symptoms because after awhile i can sort of tell what's anxiety.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have this too So I am just really honest with my doctor and say that I dont want to put everything down to anxiety just in case its not and asked her if she could see my concern. She agreed we musnt put everything down to anxiety and if there are any symptoms I want looking at further she will carry out tests.

I think just be honest, dont worry about taking up too much of their time if you have a genuine concern or reason to believe there is something wrong with your body, its what we pay our taxes for!

x

Hi

I agree with what "snowdrop" has said. Any doctor worth their salt will listen to your concerns and then decide if anything requires further investigation.

Most of us can tell when it is anxiety or not, but there are times when we are maybe not so sure, or the anxiety gets the better of us and we end up at our GP's feeling guilty. You shouldn't! Most doctors would rather spend 5mins of reassurance with you, rather than have one of their patients go through weeks of worry over nothing.

That's what I'm going through now. I know my doctors believe what I'm going through is real, and they've done plenty to try and make me feel better. No matter how deep my concerns are, though, I still wonder if I'm being dismissed as "just anxious," and that's why they don't want to pursue anything further (speaking more for my neurologist, really). I'm always worried that, just in general, people don't take me seriously because of my anxiety.

I say trust your instincts and be persistent if you're concerned about something. I'm fortunate to have found a GP that repeatedly tells me his door is open, he doesn't think I'm being ridiculous, and he'll always be there to help me out. As long as I can pay him, of course. Which I can't right now. But once I can... I'm going to continue pleading my case until I'm sure everything's okay. Which, in my opinion, we all have a right to do, health anxiety or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information