Thread: why am i always feeling full / swollen / bloated ??

why am i always feeling full / swollen / bloated ??

Why am i always feeling swollen / full ?

even when am not eating am feeling full / swollen or bloated ??
    i suffer with acid reflux and am trying to eat little and often as i had an eating disorder aswell so eating little and often is even a struggle for me so am trying my best to keep to little & often etc,, but when i eat even if its a piece of choclate, biscuit, toast etc... my upper abdomen right below my ribs feels swollen, full it don't hurt or anything but it can be hours after i have last eaten so i should be feeling hungry right ?? but am not :( the last thing i had was a yogurt probiotic drink and within minutes my stomach felt bloated feeling......... and then i get this frothy lump feeling in my throat.................. and sometimes can feel nausea its just i no i need to eat but i just dont feel like eating ?

this just kicks off my anxiety as i worry to much about it
    the foods i mainly eat are junk - biscuits, toast, sandwichs, chocolate........

Re: why am i always feeling full / swollen / bloated ??

You could have an intolerance to certain food types.

Maybe try changing the diet would help. Try fruits instead of biscuits and chocolate etc

Bread always bloats me

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Like Nicola says, you may have to re-think your diet. Much of what you are eating is what i term as being 'heavy' food.

Biscuits and chocolate especially.

What do you have on your sandwiches?

Lisa
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    Why am i always feeling swollen / full ?

even when am not eating am feeling full / swollen or bloated ??
    i suffer with acid reflux and am trying to eat little and often as i had an eating disorder aswell so eating little and often is even a struggle for me so am trying my best to keep to little & often etc,, but when i eat even if its a piece of choclate, biscuit, toast etc... my upper abdomen right below my ribs feels swollen, full it don't hurt or anything but it can be hours after i have last eaten so i should be feeling hungry right ?? but am not :( the last thing i had was a yogurt probiotic drink and within minutes my stomach felt bloated feeling......... and then i get this frothy lump feeling in my throat.................. and sometimes can feel nausea its just i no i need to eat but i just dont feel like eating ?

this just kicks off my anxiety as i worry to much about it
    the foods i mainly eat are junk - biscuits, toast, sandwichs, chocolate........

honeyp1e every thing you wrote describes me,but i dont eat junk or chocolates or fizzy drink,and i could go with out food all day because i never feel hungry,but i also get real bad heart burn,more when i wake up in the morning.i get pain on my right hand side under the rib cage,the pain is sharp and can last up to an hour some days its fine and some days its back again,i am getting stressed thinking its my liver,and the other thing i dont drink water at all,and i also only drink one cup of tea a day..i dont know what it could be.
    Last edited by meena; 17-01-11 at 23:02.
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And Wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by meena View Post
    honeyp1e every thing you wrote describes me,but i dont eat junk or chocolates or fizzy drink,and i could go with out food all day because i never feel hungry,but i also get real bad heart burn,more when i wake up in the morning.i get pain on my right hand side under the rib cage,the pain is sharp and can last up to an hour some days its fine and some days its back again,i am getting stressed thinking its my liver,and the other thing i dont drink water at all,and i also only drink one cup of tea a day..i dont know what it could be.

these feeling and pains always make my anxiety go sky high like now i have that horrible tight knot feeling just in center under my ribs like some1 is squeezing me so tight.... the doctor said the more anxious you become the more pains etc.. you feel.
    i wont drink fizzy drinks as t makes it worse but i am getting my camera scope done on friday afternoon so hopefully then i will no more the nurse said all the symptons am having along with these sound like either just acid reflux or could be a stomach ulcer / hernia the other symptons am having are

tight raw know burning feeling in upper abdomen
    stomach cramps
    bloatedness (with this i get lump in throat like acid or something in is my throat)
    sore lump in throat
    burning throat
    trembling
    nausea
    constipation
    nervous stomach feeling
    loss of appetite
    full very quick
    heavy feeling in upper abdomen or like food is stuck there
    frothy saliva
    watery bash ( mouth keeps watering)
    acid & burning in throat
    burning in chest
    popping/ bubble type/grawling noises in belly
    no sleep

i could most prob go on am just sick of it all now what i find maes it worse is spicy foods, white bread, biscuits & chocolate (but i have sweet tooth i just try not to eat to many )
    Last edited by honeyp1e; 18-01-11 at 00:32.

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Like Nicola says, you may have to re-think your diet. Much of what you are eating is what i term as being 'heavy' food.

Biscuits and chocolate especially.

What do you have on your sandwiches?

Lisa
    xx

sandwich would usually be ham, chicken or tuna mayo with lettuce i dont usually feeling the pains after these its always hafter chocolate i get the bad burning type tight knot feeling in my belly

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You could have an intolerance to certain food types.

Maybe try changing the diet would help. Try fruits instead of biscuits and chocolate etc

Bread always bloats me

can you get blood test etc to find this out ??

No the best way is through a special diet elimination plan to restrict food groups and then see how it goes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there you can get blood tests done for food intolerence I have had my first test come back and it was positive so they are doing other tests to try and find out I should know sometime this week
    Because a lot of what you get is the same as me
    Good luck for Friday
    Will try and speak to you today

Joanx

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    these feeling and pains always make my anxiety go sky high like now i have that horrible tight knot feeling just in center under my ribs like some1 is squeezing me so tight.... the doctor said the more anxious you become the more pains etc.. you feel.
    i wont drink fizzy drinks as t makes it worse but i am getting my camera scope done on friday afternoon so hopefully then i will no more the nurse said all the symptons am having along with these sound like either just acid reflux or could be a stomach ulcer / hernia the other symptons am having are

tight raw know burning feeling in upper abdomen
    stomach cramps
    bloatedness (with this i get lump in throat like acid or something in is my throat)
    sore lump in throat
    burning throat
    troubling
    nausea
    constipation
    nervous stomach feeling
    loss of appetite
    full very quick
    heavy feeling in upper abdomen or like food is stuck there
    frothy saliva
    watery bash ( mouth keeps watering)
    acid & burning in throat
    burning in chest
    popping/ bubble type/grawling noises in belly
    no sleep

i could most prob go on am just sick of it all now what i find maes it worse is spicy foods, white bread, biscuits & chocolate (but i have sweet tooth i just try not to eat to many )
    I was doing a google search to find out why ive had unusual bloating in the past week , and I came across this post , so I registered just to leave a reply.

This sound like it could be a checklist of symptoms I wrote myself whenever I have a flare-up.
    I was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia about a year ago , which I believe was caused by strenuous cycling because when you go up hills , you pull on the handlebars and tense the stomach , so something popped up while I was straining.
    I had the berium meal because I didnt want the camera.
    If you are diagnosed with a hernia , dont worry yourself too much. As long as you eat sensibly , dont overeat , dont smoke or drink , it shouldnt cause you too many problems.
    Im normal most of the time , but had bloating in the mornings . Just had the doctor out and she prescribed calpermin to ease the tight muscle just under the solar plexus.
    Try not to panic and good luck.

Thread Information