Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Waiting For Therapy...

Still Waiting For Therapy...

I have been told it could be months away I mean how are you supposed to cope in the mean time?? I know many of us are waiting so I am not alone on this by a long score but it sucks (: Cheers

Re: Still Waiting For Therapy...

Hi big boy uk you waiting for the NHS? Or private? Also where in uk are you based? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    Hi big boy uk you waiting for the NHS? Or private? Also where in uk are you based? Cheers

Hi Benjammin69! NHS Therapy Iam based in Stoke On Trent Cheers

Hi mate look at this website

Www.insighthealthcare.org

See whether you can do that? I applied last week and got a call within24 hours but because I'm seeing a psychiatrist and I'm doing private therapy they can't take me on

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    Hi mate look at this website

Www.insighthealthcare.org

See whether you can do that? I applied last week and got a call within24 hours but because I'm seeing a psychiatrist and I'm doing private therapy they can't take me on

Hi mate had a look and the nearest is Derby I actually prefer face to face therapy which is the one I have opted for though. A luxury going private if only I could afford it ahh. Where are you based mate? Cheers

Based in Kent mate I do private at£45 I thought they could strange face to face? Telephony may help the ball rolling? I've done both

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Sorry you're having to wait so long Bigboy. You've worked hard trying to make contacts and arrange meet-ups on here and therapy is something that shouldn't be a luxury in a "developed" country such as our own. Do you take any meds? Might help take edge off anxiety and improve mood in meantime...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Sorry you're having to wait so long Bigboy. You've worked hard trying to make contacts and arrange meet-ups on here and therapy is something that shouldn't be a luxury in a "developed" country such as our own. Do you take any meds? Might help take edge off anxiety and improve mood in meantime...
    Hey Thanks KK Appreciate your comments I certainly have, and it shouldn't be allowed to take that long the actual process is very tedious at times and many hurdles have to be jumped what with ignorant Gp's which I think should be given more training on MH conditions as I personally know what it's like trying to get help and I am not the only one to say that either. Used to be on meds don't think I want to really go back on them though. Once again thanks Cheers

When I was in this process my provider said 3 months. Sadly I've heard that many times. Some are far longer though, some still over 12 months which defeats the reason IAPT was even introduced.

I agree with you, Dave, waiting was hell. Sadly until the NHS catches up for mental health it's something we are stuck enduring.

I had an assessment yesterday and was told the waiting time in my area is 6-8 months!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information