The way I used to experience anxiety was that I would have this general sense of unease/anxiousness/nervousness coursing through my body with the occasional tight/lump in throat.

Over time, this general unease/anxiousness/nervousness has suddenly gone. I guess it must have been as a result of acceptance and de-sensitization HOWEVER...

Even though I can breathe fine, I am now experiencing is this the tight/lump in throat feeling far more often AND this heavy 'energy'/'pressure' feeling that feels like it is sitting on my upper chest.

I am absolutely afraid of both of these symptoms as I have not experienced them before and they make me feel as if I am going to suffocate/choke to death.

I know that sounds far fetched but for I am finding it MUCH harder to put down to 'just anxiety' based on the fact I am not feeling that typical unease/anxiousness/nervousness in my body when these symptoms happen.

I've had these symptoms for about a week now, last night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I was being choked but somehow I managed to go back to sleep and wake up alive... I was genuinely quite surprised at that so you can imagine my belief set at the moment.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks so much in advance.