Hi

A strange story I know.

I have been on Diazepam for 30 years and was coping very well on 12mg per day. [a sufferer of panic and anxiety]

then had a problem with constipation [due to medication for IBS and headaches] thus causing piles.

So GP tried many things but all altered the balance of Diazepam and I went into withdrawal. So stopped medication and piles got worse, but I did stabilze again at 12mg.

Then a new GP put me on Mirtazapine, which she said would solve the diazepam problem [I must have been flat and said yes]. I started on 15mg and all was going well, the Diazepam w/d was fine and the movitol for the constipation was working fine. I went up to 30mg for about a week. Why I ask myself? So I came down to 15mg and stopped the movitol. That was nearly 3 weeks ago. I have been having trouble coming down and off the 15 mg and the balance of diazepam had gone. I have bad panic attacks and high anxiety, which has knocked me and my confidence.

Has anyone else had experience of coming off Mirtazapine? They seemed to do little for me, but blurred vision and a greater appettite. I could gloss over problems more easily I suppose. I have tried to cut down to 7.5 but after a week had trouble and had to go back to 15mg.
I am trying to stabilize on 7.5mg and up the diazepam as required. I have beta blockers and valerian as and when. I do realize that I cannot up the diazepam for more than a week or so or the addiction will get greater.

Thanks

marchant