Thread: Hypnotherapy sessions not mentioning phobia

Question Hypnotherapy sessions not mentioning phobia

I've attended three hypnotherapy sessions now for my phobia of injections and bloodtests. The hypnotherapist said that although it differs from person to person, it usually takes around four or five sessions to help someone achieve what they want to. I have not really noticed any difference so far from three sessions.

During my sessions, the hypnotherapist has asked me to think back in time and describe everything my mind jumps to and explain how I feel about it. She says we're focusing on getting all my anxieties out. However it seems odd to me that we have not even mentioned needles or anything I am scared of during my sessions at all, apart from right at the beginning when she asked a few questions about my fears. I feel like surely the therapy should focus at least somewhat on the thing I am afraid of, otherwise how is it going to help? Or am I just being premature in my judgements?

Re: Hypnotherapy sessions not mentioning phobia

Hi there

I do think that you should at least be seeing the relevance of the sessions by this point in time. Phobias often have deeper roots and whilst these would need to be dealt with there is no reason why you should be so confused after three sessions.

I'm a UKCP registered hypnotherapist/psychotherapist. Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss things in ore depth.

Thread Information