Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark/ black specs through stool

Dark/ black specs through stool

Ive noticed over the past few weeks whilst going to the loo , when i wipe on the toilet paper there are what look likes really dark spots/dots amongst my stool. Now ive no other symptoms like weight loss, loss of appetite , pain , nausea,bleeding etc but this has got me thinking could it be blood. I did have really loose stools bordering on diarea this morning but am only going in the morning once or twice which is normal for me, and im not constipated. I just get really scared as my mum had bowel cancer. Im really trying not to google , i see my doctor next monday as he's on holiday just now but i have been worrying about this a lot, he wouldnt give me a test the last time i asked as he thought i was too young at 37 but now im not too sure with this latest developement, please help , im so scared xxx

Re: Dark/ black specs through stool

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Ive noticed over the past few weeks whilst going to the loo , when i wipe on the toilet paper there are what look likes really dark spots/dots amongst my stool. Now ive no other symptoms like weight loss, loss of appetite , pain , nausea,bleeding etc but this has got me thinking could it be blood. I did have really loose stools bordering on diarea this morning but am only going in the morning once or twice which is normal for me, and im not constipated. I just get really scared as my mum had bowel cancer. Im really trying not to google , i see my doctor next monday as he's on holiday just now but i have been worrying about this a lot, he wouldnt give me a test the last time i asked as he thought i was too young at 37 but now im not too sure with this latest developement, please help , im so scared xxx
    Hi Kittykat

I get this with ibs, its something to do with reduced blood flow to your digestive organs due to stress, did you have any wind as well or tummy pain?

Lisa
    xxx

hi lisa,

did have a bit of a rumbly tummy before going to the loo, and i do get bout of wind , but i had no tummy pain x

this seems very similar to my problem, and i'm a 25 year old male.

i think that if it was bowel problems it would more likely to be red blood in stool as it is lower down in the gastrointestinal.

ive been googling it and its not helped to be honest.

surely we are both too young for anything like this to happen to us?

hi jim,

i hope we both are too young but saying that to myself to be honest still doesnt take away my fear. ive not googled as i know if i do i will just go into pure panic mode, hopefully there is some simple explanation i just am worried when i see the dark specs, as i know black is bad x oh and dont google anymore as you will make yourself a 1000 times worse tempting though isn't it x

i get this, too and nothing has been flagged up - it's just a byproduct of particular food digesting I think. however, you are right to be concerned if your Mum had it - i'm surprised the doctor was so dismissive. I do know my other friend who had bowel cancer at your age had very obvious bleeding from the bottom, and was also absolutely shattered - she couldn't do the hoovering without having a sleep. She had anaemia from the bleeding, shown up in a routine blood test. Apparently, blood in the bowel also gives you bad diarrohoea, like really bad, according to my doctor. Hope this reassures you - i'm sure it is nothing sinister.

that reassures me a little as i dont feel out of energy, i can still play football 5 times a week.

Yeah - that doesn't sound like someone at the door of cancer death to me! don't mean to be flippant - sometimes we have to see the funny side, though!

no not at all, i understand just cant seem to put things into perspective.

if i see what i think is a dark stool i am currently worrying myself to death, its effecting everything.

Hello, are the spots like on the stool, like in it? Iv had this a few times, iv done 2 blood stool tests and its not alone I don't think. I got told that if its blood it will either be bright red, or the whole stool will be black and silty like coffee grains in water, hope this helps xxxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information