Thread: nail biting

nail biting

i know this has always been attributed to anx but is it normal to do it in your sleep? i sometimes wake up with nails in my mouth and my fingers really sore. know this is gross but cant help it!

You can buy something from the chemist which you can paint on your nails which tastes so horrid you won't want to bite them, and I'm sure it would still work if you were asleep. I think everyone has a 'stress activity' - with you it is your nails - with me I tend to fold what I am holding up into smaller and smaller squares until it is the size of a postage stamp and won't fold any more - I don't even know I'm doing it! Give the nail paint a try. Hope it helps. Brandy Snap xx

Hi. I have been a nail biter all my life. I am a woman so obviously I hate not having nice nails. I tried using the paint that tastes horrible but it had absolutely no effect on me.
    But I was able to stop biting my nails recently ....... do you want to know how? I wore false nails that were glued on with superglue. They were decent ones that really looked like my real nails. I wore them for about a month (I had to reapply new ones in between of course) and when I took them off my nails underneath were long. I then used a layer of superglue to harden my own nails and kept them polished and filed neatly. I have not bitten my nails since. This really works. By the way, when I say superglue, I mean the nail glue that you buy with the false nails, however, I believe it is superglue LOL!

Good Luck.

Love shoegal xxx

Thanks Shoegal,

Might give it a try!

Thread Information