Thread: Breast pain

Breast pain

Anyone who has read any of my posts will know things are a bit crappy at the moment :'(Any way 2 weeks before my period I used to get a sore lumpy right boob, had it scanned last may and all was normal.
    Recently I have been getting very sore boobs, both of them. I am not due on till the end of march but both feel heavy and so sore. I get sharp pains in them for no reason and they hurt when I walk, I also get slight pains underarm :( I know my bra I am wearing is a bit small but just worried it could be something worse causing it?
    My head is a mess with other stuff going on and I have tried ignoring it but can't. My husband could feel no lumps. I am on cipralex 20mg but don't think it's anything to do with that.
    Anyone any similar experience?
    I am 26 and no chance of being pregnant

Re: Breast pain

Ive always had breast pain... if youve checked for lumps then im sure its prob just hormonal....

Want my honest opinion? Sweetie you are stressed to high heaven and your cycle could well be up the pole which may account for the sore boobs.

I used to have really sore boobs when I was in my late 20s and my doc recommended evening primrose oil tabs - they really worked after about 3 months of taking them. Definitely worth a try :-)

Hugs n hugs to you xxxxxxx

Thank you hugs very much needed. I was on primrose tablets but need to find out if I can take them with my cipralex. Think I also need to get measured for a bra when I have time as when I walk my boobs hurt and they are not being very well contained :(xxx

I went through a cycle where my boobs were REALLY sore, turns out it was my chest muscles that were tightening up because I was soo tense and stressed. I got a good, deep tissue massage and felt a lot better.

Thank you, they are both just so sore and my arms ache. Keep getting twinge like pains in them too :( if I didn't know I wasn't I would think I was pregnant lol. They seem to hurt for 3 weeks out of 4

So was hoping the pain would stop when I came on my period, but no, I am on day 3 of my period and getting stabbing, sharp prodding pains in my boobs :(

Kirsty

Try wearing a more supportive bra and try not to prod or poke them. Take some paracetomol for a few days and see if that helps.

I would guess that it is stress related but if you are still worried go and see the GP again and tell them how you feel and ask if they could arrange an appt at the breast clinic.

Hugs hun xxxxxxxxx

Hi Kirsty.

I started getting this frequently a few years ago. I would find that by day 13 of my cycle my boobs would become tender and feel worse and a heavy feeling when i took my bra off. I started taking EPO for it and it stopped happening. I came off it and it was still ok until around November last year when it started again but this time it was by about day 11! And it was mostly my left boob that was affected and it would also be in mainly one section. This month i didn't get it until about day 25 and it was mostly in the right boob! I know it is totally normal for some people and it can get worse after the 30's and into the 40's.
    Try the EPO, it works great. Unless you go off it and then back on it after sometime, which is what i did and it actually gave me worse effects! I suffered terrible acne too!

Kel

Thank you

The pain has eased since it started 2 weeks ago now just want it to go completely. I was on evening primrose oil but stopped when I started taking citolopram and now on flurexetine. Do you know if it's safe to take evening primrose with that?

Thread Information