Thread: Funny Urine Smell

Post Funny Urine Smell

Hey,

I was just wondering why my urine smells really funny .. i looked on the internet and i couldnt find anything alot of people blame asparagus but ive tried it once years ago and i hated it.. So i know its not that its a really strong fish like smell, Its my urine what smells nothing else and i can smell it when i pee. I do keep getting a burning/stinging feelingg now and then but its on and off. All i know is the last time i smelt that smell i was around 6 weeks pregnant. But havn't heard of that being a pregnancy symtom so could it just be a coincidence. This isnt what i am worried about i just want to know what this weird .. musky strong fish like smell is.. ( Sorry for Tmi ) but i need to get a proper answer.

Ruby

Re: Funny Urine Smell

I don't know what it could be but try drinking plenty of water for afew days and see if it helps! Should definatly help with the stinging.

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

You could have a urinary tract infection based on the on/off burning symptom, take a sample to the doctor and they will do the 'dip test' to see if you need treatment.

If it IS a urinary tract infection do not panic... I get them very often so do lots of people from stress, they go away very easily.. through either natural methods (cranberry powders avaliable from chemists) or a dose of antibiotics...

May sound silly, I just didn't want you to panic in case you'd been one of the lucky ones who have never had it before...

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

Hi It certainly sounds like an infection especially with the burning/stinging sensation.
    Could be thrush or cystitis, if i were you i'd pop off to the dr or go to your chemist and ask thier advice. I wouldn't leave it as this needs attention by the sounds of it.

Thankyou,

I cant go to the doctors at the moment as there is no way of getting there for another week.. Will i be ok untill then?

Why dont you go to the chemist they would know what to give you until you can see your doctor, in the meantime drink lots of water, and cranberry juice and dont worry i suffer with cystitus and so does my daughter. Lots of water does the job...good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Hi Cranberry Juice is supposed to be very good but best to go to doctors anyway... if preggies then a huge congratulations to you, if it is one of your normal symptoms of pregnancy maybe it would be wise not to take any over the counter remedies or speak to the pharmacist..lots of cooled boiled water and cranberry juice ....hugs x

There's a lot of good advice in this thread. Pain when passing urine is usually a sure sign of an infection. These usually pass on their own. Drinking lots of water is usually good as it flushes the infection out more quickly, even if it is a painful treatment! Cranberry juice is indeed known for its useful properties.

If the pain persists you should make an appointment to see your doctor or a nurse and they can do a litmus test on your urine which usually identifies any problems then and there.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information