Thread: Dizziness

Dizziness

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site so I'll try not to babble on too long. I just need a bit of reasurrance that these are anxiety symptoms and that I'm not going mad or suffering from some serious illness!! I just can't get rid of this dizzy feeling. Stationary objects appear to move. When I go to bed at night and close my eyes I feel as if I'm falling or moving. I think it's all in my head. I also have problems with my vision. I see sparklies in the sky or in a room with a plain colour on the wall. I also sometimes get a small black spot in my vision which only lasts a few seconds but can suddenly send me into a bit of a panic.
    I suffered from anxiety/panic a few years ago and had a wide range of symptoms. I have learned to cope with these and they no longer trouble me but the problem with dizziness and the vision problem just will not go away. Does anybody else suffer with these.

Thanks

Janey

Hi there,
    good to hear from you. hope you will find lots of helpful information here. Your symptoms do sound very much anxiety related. There are many old posts here, which some-one will be able to direct you to (not very good with computors) As for the dizziness, that has always been my main symptom. It is very scary and it is hard to believe that anxiety can cause this sort of symptom. The only thing i can say to re-assure you is that i have been dizzy for many years (on and off) i have never fainted/had heart attack, all the things we fear. I also notice that when i try to distract myself or am less anxious, the dizziness miraculously dissappears (or decreases) sorry no sound advice, but take care and keep in touch.p.s. You are definately not going mad, if you were you would not be worrying about it!!!

Hi Janey

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of help and support here.
    I have suffered with all the symptoms that you mention at one time or another, although they are not nice they will not harm you and will eventually go away.
    Have you read the article on symptoms on the home page?
    It really helps to read it as I still go back to it now and again, it helps to reassure you when you are in a apnic.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Janey,
    Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some good friends here.
    Yes these are all definate anxiety symptoms, I too have suffered with these over the years. Stay positive, it really does help.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Hi Janey,

I get bouts of this too!!

If I ever swing my head round quickly then whoa! Guess I'll never be a ballet dancer then.

I also notice the black specs now and again and think with me they may be floaters.

Welcome to the site.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi

Thanks for all the advice and best wishes. It is good to hear from people who suffer the same problem. I think Piglet you are right and when I don't have time to think about the problem it no longer exists.

Thanks

Janey

Thread Information