Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aching arms and legs

Re: Aching arms and legs

Hi,
    I've been told by my doctor that I'm suffering from anxiety... I have read a few of your posts and a lot of my symptoms seem to be the same.. It's so scary I'm in pain with aching legs everyday, I wake up every morning praying the pain will have gone but it's still there.. I'm tired and twitchy my joints hurt and my lower back and I'm also becoming depressed. The doctor has put me on a beta blocker and also trazadone??! But they don't seem to be working..
    Does anyone else have these feelings? And is there anything you can do to help?
    Thank you x

First let me say that I am new to this site and found your post from a Google Alert for "aching legs".

I have been searching the Internet for 6 years looking for a cure for my aching legs. There isn't much out there, but I have found a few sites that give me some hope.

I have had every test and treatment possible with no results; my doctor tells me that we may never know what the problem is and that my continued treatment with pain pills is justified.

Here in the U.S. the doctors only believe in "structure" problems as the cause for most, if not all, symptoms.

I find it interesting that the English doctors have zoned in on anxiety as the cause because it fits right in with TMS, which I have determined to be to cause for my aching legs pain. Go to Amazon and purchase the book: “The Mindbody Prescription” – by Dr. John Sarno for more information.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Check out 'Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome'. It's basically subtle over breathing that can cause so many problems, including aching muscles. It's usually caused by anxiety and is often missed by Doctors. The best part - there is nothing wrong with you and it can be reversed.

You may want to learn more about TMS at the tmswiki website. They also have a very large searchable forum on TMS. Search for aching legs. Good Luck.

You know it could be as simple as low potassium. That one got me because it showed up in a routine blood test. I'm just under minimum and I was aching all over and had no energy. So I tried bananas which I don't like but my legs and arms are much better and I'm getting ten times as much done each day now. It was getting very depressing being tired sore and weak.

Thanks for the reply Davit,

I have a blood test yearly and my potassium levels have always come back in the middle of the range. Even though, I have also taken potassium supplements with no improvements.

I have had some success with the TMS approach but still have aching legs all day long and especially at night. Yes, it is depressing.

Hi I also get aching in arms and legs and even my wrists and fingers and ankles! I also have cracking in my ankles and wrists. Do you experience any muscle twitching? That is when my pains began

Yes, but only a very few times; I have had my leg muscles to twitch when the legs aches gets very bad.

I'm taking pain pills so I can get up and walk around until time for the next pain pill. I am only able to sleep in 2 hour stretches before the leg pains force me out of bed or out of my recliner. The leg pain has taken over my life.

I'm going to try medical mj this Summer and try get get off the pain pills. Will have to move to another State as it is against the law in my State.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information