Thread: Sensations of Feeling But Not Feeling..

Sensations of Feeling But Not Feeling..

Just am curious and can get a little worried at times about this.I wanted to know if anyone else has felt this way before..A few weeks ago I went out and went to a friends home.I was there and felt I could walk and use my hands but didn't really feel as though i had all the feeling in either.It was a could use my arms and legs but i didn't have true feeling in them.I didn't know if it was just anxiety or maybe the vibrations from riding down a dirt road and continued memory of the vibrations in my legs..It kind of scared me but later as we went home it faded.I thought it must be anxiety .. then it happened again later another time I felt that way .. for a short time..It happens now on occassion but mostly when my limbs have been idle and maybe its just the sensation of feeling something strange.It also happens when I go out in the car at times but I try not to think about it..The thing is .. it seems to be related to the anxiety symptoms of looking at your arms or legs like they don't belong to you or not feeling them as they belong to you but is very short lived..Is it mostly just anxiety that causes these weird sensations or could it be a brain tumor lurking doing strange things to my neuro network..? I would think anxiety because a lot times if I keep busy with other thoughts it seems to fade ,if it was real then it would manifest itself continuously correct?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

I get a lot of unreality, had a bad day with it today. When you don't feel like your there, it's not you speaking, it's not your body etc, etc. It really frightens me but apparently is a perfectly normal bodily reaction to things. It is supposed to get better as time goes on.x

Angiebaby.x
    It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

You know.. I thought maybe with everything I have experienced lately it had something to do with the nuero network..Angie,I just don't know what to think about anything anymore.Sometimes I say .. heck dying is easy and no more worries afterward so God just take me now and other times I become so tense because im not feeling anything wrong it scares the life out of me and causes anxiety .I am beginning to think im a pure nut case ..and that no matter what I do or not do im doomed to a life of worry because and worry for no reason..I kind of thought this might be it,since it seem to settle a little after I got home..and its odd how our minds can play tricks on us when we are in the presence of others. I had some people over today working and was chatting with them and felt like I was breathless.I get that more and more especially when we have company..I just tried to ignore it and it went away..So well guess we do what we can do..thanks for your support and comments..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Thread Information