Thread: worrying again... this time about my lungs :(

worrying again... this time about my lungs :(

Ok so amongst other things I'm freaking out about, there's one thats worrying me more every day. For about the last month, while I have been recovering from my iron deficiency etc, Ive had a weird sensation that appears to be more noticable at night. When I breathe in deeply I have a weird feeling in the left side of my chest. Its hard to describe, its kind of like a buzzing, or vibration.... coming from behind the lower left side of my rib cage. Like breathing through cobwebs. I was a light smoker and quit just over 4 months ago. I do not have a cough or sore throat or anything and I wouldnt say Im congested. I have severe health anxiety and my brain is trying to tell me it is lung cancer. Its causing me no real bother only knowing that its there. It could be something really innocent... maybe it has always been there.... but Im scared. Can anyone give me any reassurance? Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so, what was it? Id go to my doctor but I go so often, Im sure they will just roll their eyes when they see I have made an appointment... again.

Re: worrying again... this time about my lungs :(

X - read this thread. i experienced this also and it started in my chest on one side (felt like my lungs kinda) and got worse and eventually spread. a lot of people here and on the net in general have had it. so bizarre and scary but seems to be totally an anxiety thing that will go away if you make a hard point to ignore it! it still comes back once in awhile but faintly for me, and worsens when i look for it. no big deal.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=buzzing+chest
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: worrying again... this time about my lungs :(

I have this and too a light smoker some days and other days don't smoke due to afraid I'll die. Mine is on the right side at the back lower. I have had chest xray and my doc says he can't hear it. I also heard because we are soo tight in the back neck and shoulders this does it. Hope this helps,
    TT

Thread Information