Thread: Eye darts, involuntary movement, dizziness!???

Exclamation Eye darts, involuntary movement, dizziness!???

I've no idea how I can word this or describe it properly.. But I will try.

Earlier I was just looking at an article online, I was looking at the picture that went with it (just a womans feet!.. A politicians wife, not a foot fetish site or anything!!).. When all of a sudden I went dizzy/weird.

It lasted seconds but was enough to frighten the life out of me, so much so I contemplated ringing my partner at work.

I was looking at the picture when all of a sudden my eye went weird, I dont know if it darted off elsewhere, up on the page or what..
    I dont know how to describe the dizziness.. But if you took a camcorder, put it on a trolley and zoomed in whilst pulling back the trolley at the same time.. well that was kind of how it felt, as if my head was going forward yet back at the same time. I know, its hard to imagine.
    I also felt weird in myself, kind of off and ever so slightly sickly.

I wrote on here last wk about MS worries, and while Im not saying 'Is this MS' Im desperately scared as this must be something, right?

I had no anxiety at the time, I wasnt moving, I was laying down and just browsing celeb gossip pages.

Im scared, this dizziness doesnt seem to follow any kind of pattern, its not solely when I move my head so it cant be an inner ear thing surely..
    Im scared this happens again, I felt as if I moved, but I dont know that I did because my eyes went weird and Im obv not looking at/watching myself... I dont want to fall over in the st, or for it to happen whilst Im driving, esp as I get no warning and it can happen at any time.

Re: Eye darts, involuntary movement, dizziness!???

Hi, came on here to post that I too have had sudden onset dizziness today. I also am scared it is a sign of something else but hopefully in both our cases it is just anxiety :( I dont know if in my case it is mid month or something and yet another symptom of menopause or whether it is something serious like diabetes or something. I'm having my eyes tested tomorrow and I'm terrified he will find something behind my eyes and tell me I am ill.
    I'm also scared of it happening when I am driving, it happened to me at work earlier and I was scared how I would get home, being agoraphobic obviously a huge thing for me.
    BTW I tried to click on your link for your blog but it wont let me access it - are you wanting to share it or is it for invited people only ?
    Try not to worry, I'm sure we are both fine, hopefully we can reassure each other xxx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

What you describe with the involuntary eye movements and that weird dizziness sounds like brain zaps to me. I get it occasionally and it's worse if you move your eyes from side to side quickly.

Although it's associated with SSRI (antidepressant) withdrawal, people that have never even been on these meds can get them, leading me to think it's something strongly linked to anxiety and panic. And it's not always a sharp electric jolt either - it can sometimes feel like a wave - almost seizure-like.

I would think that if it was something more sinister you would have far more serious symptoms that were more persistent. Basically, you would KNOW that something was not right.

Never Surrender, Comrade

That happened to me once about 6 weeks ago. I had been fine and sat at the pc, was reading an item online when suddenly the weirdest dizzy feeling almost exactly as you describe. I also went nauseus with it for the few seconds it lasted.

i know exactly what you are talking about, i get these weird sensations too and they scare the hell out of me!!!!!
    I am totally relaxed, either watchin tv, reading or just standing at work and then suddenly my eyes dart and go out of focus for a second. I also get the zoomy thing which scares me more as KNOW thats not normal!!!!
    I describe it almost the same way, its like when you see a movie and the camera zooms in quickly to someone. You are stationary yet you feel your sight has zoomed in and out again, it only last a split second!!!!!
    Its so difficult to describe and i did feel daft telling the doctor how it felt, i also forgot what he said about it as i was telling him so much stuff all at the same time. He did say it comes with anxiety but didnt give me a specific name for it.
    It only happens to me rarely and i have been trying to ignore it. Which is not easy but as i have been dismissing them they have been less frequent.

hugs

xx

Ever figure out what this was? Same thing happens to me while looking at computers and TVs

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Ever figure out what this was? Same thing happens to me while looking at computers and TVs

Quote Originally Posted by Nman3 View Post

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Yes I get something similar, any one find out what it was?

Nman, are you still getting this?

Thanks

Thread Information