Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this withdrawal??

Is this withdrawal??

Hi, i came off citalopram 4 weeks ago after gradually reducing over time and after 2 weeks I felt myself and totally normal. But since Sunday Iv been feeling like I'm still taking the stuff- dizzy, panicky, feeling very negative. This cannot be withdrawal surely because Iv been fine for 2 weeks??

Re: Is this withdrawal??

It can last for 7 weeks even longer Mike .You may get a period where you feel down as well ,This is normal and should settle after a while tho .Sue

Hi sue, yes I feel really really down and low I think it could be a heart attack as Iv had a dull ache in my heart and feel light headed and dizzy. I was feeling great last week and really high but I'm so low it's unreal :-(

Sorry to hear this Mike but I dont think its a heart attack .If you are really convinced i would phone Dr or NHSdirect ..The low mood would be part of the discontinuation syndrome and will pass .Not every one gets it but it does happen .Often people end up going back on the drug insead of waiting for it to get better .You can improve mood by excercise ,it does help with boosting the feel good chemicals .Try 20mins a day to start with .Even a brisk walk will help .Your brain now has to adapt to not having help with increasing serotonin absorbtion .It Takes as long as it did when you went on them but in reverse .This is why you feel so bad ..It will have an effect on metabolism as well ,this can cause digestive problems ,this could explain the dull ache in the chest .You may feel tense and anxious because of all this happenening and this can also cause pain discomfort in the chest too ..So try to keep positive and im sure it will pass in a little while ,Let us know how you get on about the chest probs .Take care and I hope you feel better soon ..sue x

Thanks sue you have really helped me through this, I really appreciate it :-)

Your welcome Mike ,You will come through ,just be patient a little while longer . sue x

I went the doctors today and was told my heart was fine, I can't put into words how low I'm feeling and te thoughts of dread. I feel sort of dizzy and weird tingling in my head that I can't explain. I just can't believe that this is withdrawal because I was feeling great and normal last week and now this? I really do believe something is wrong. The doctor advised I go back onto cit straight away but I think thats her answer to everything! Just can't see this getting better an feel
    Negative like I'm about to die soon!!?? Horrible :-(

Im pleased to hear you went to get checked out Mike ..It should have given you some relief at least ..All the other symptoms are discontinuation .the head stuff can be distressing but it will pass .You are not dying and you will feel better . All this Anxiety over the symptoms is adding to the low feelings .I can be hard to see the light when things take a few steps in the wrong direction .Drs will often say go back on them ,its the easy option and thats why so many spend years taking them .Try to stick it out and im sure you wont be dissapointed .Like ive said before it takes longer than his to ,get completely back to Normal .This is the hardest part .One day at a time some positivity and you will pull thru .Take care luv Sue x

Today I feel awful, a bad headache and real dizzy/woozy head. I feel like crying I feel that low and have bad thoughts of dread. It's my sons Xmas play today and I couldn't go because of feeling this low I can't take this :-(

You poor thing . You could always go back on it and stick with a low dose for a while .ie 10mg .It will take time again to work but maybe it will help you .You were on it a long time and some people need a very very slow taper to come off sucessfully ..Alternatively ,if you are getting periods of feeling better in between ,it seems a shame to have come this far and cave in .Its your decision Mike ,but either way you will have symptoms to deal with ..I hope you start to feel better soon and good luck with whatever you decide to do . Sue x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information