Quote Originally Posted by Canbud View Post
I had Hodgkin Lymphoma. Twice. I had 15 years of getting ct scans, x-rays, etc, to ensure the cancer didn't return. I lived with that since I was in my 20's. I'm in my 50's now. That gives me a just a little bit of insight into health anxiety.

I don't believe for one minute that the poster truly believed that his/her symptoms meant that he/she was really dying--the title struck me as flip, which I objected to.

And don't ever lecture me again about where I belong.
Well, I hardly lectured you. But flip remarks on dying happens here all the time, if it offends you then you are going to be offended a lot.

I also think there are two types of HA. Anxiety over a very real health condition is normal, anxiety over things like bumps in your mouth is irrational, I am sure I don't need to tell you that. I have been dealing with grief all year and so have my children, we also lost two other family members to cancer just after. I still often say to family members that I am dying because I have a mole or something. No one gets offended, they know that in that moment I am genuinely scared I am.

It might be flip but some people deal with it that way. So if you don't want me to 'lecture' you then perhaps you will think twice before calling the OP shameful? you know, as you don't like lectures and all

I come here for support. If someone wants to call me shameful if I say I think I am dying during a panic attack over my health so be it, but I will defend others for being called so when I see it.

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 ----------

And as I don't want to derail OP's thread any further I will leave that here and wish you good health as I am sorry for all you have gone through.