Thread: numbness headaches/eye pain

numbness headaches/eye pain

since the age of 20 after 3 years of serious forest parties and raves i have suffered with depression on and off and have had eye pain and numbness in my head for 13 years. i have tried everything, the best remedy is exercise. it seems that its stress related anxiety pains. i get it up my neck, ear face nose head and eye. if i press on the parts it relieves the tension. but you cant go around pressing or rubbing you look like a nutter, but Indian head massage, cranial sacral therapy, exercise and yoga all help relieve the tension for short period of time but it never goes away. anyone else get this what do you do to combat it. Ive tried anti depressants and the pains still niggle away. when i drink or am tired it seems to get worse too. i get very uptight very quickly too and cant get on with people i see too often like at work and family. i take it all out on them

Hi Jazmine,

I suffer from something similar in that I get an eye pain followed by dizziness and a general headache which can radiate a burning/tingling sensation to sharp pain.

Exercise is certainly the best therapy and relaxation techniques. I have just started taking a mild antideppressant called setraline (after much deliberating) which seems to be helping with the headaches as this really got me down.

I too was in the rave scene for a few years and had a great time but feel that recreational drug use may be a factor in the anxiety related symptoms I suffer from now!

It might be worth your while taking a visit to a holistic therapist who might be able to advise on some alternative medicines/therapy which may help. I'm seeing one this Thursday.

Take care

Elly

Thread Information