Thread: Could Mirena be making me worse? Please help if you can

Could Mirena be making me worse? Please help if you can

Hello ladies. I am desperate for some help and advice. I had mirena coil fitted 5 months ago to control heavy periods as I am perimeno. It worked a treat straight away and no periods since. The last month or so, I have noticed I am more anxious again, having been much better recently, I now have all my old health anxiety symptoms back. I am feeling sick all the time, which is one of my biggest anxiety symptoms, this causes me to panic as i have a phobia of vomiting! I also have really bad acid reflux symptoms despite being on medication for this and I was feeling fine till 6 weeks ago! I have the most painful breasts and they are much larger than normal and also irritable bladder symptoms and weeing all the time.

Could mirena be giving me all these symptoms? I am feeling so anxious and on the verge of having a complete panic attack! Trying so hard to hold it together but failing miserably and I had been doing so much better. I now feel I need to get this thing out asap but afraid my heavy bleeding will start all over again. I have had norethisterone before the mirena and seemed to be ok on that although my anxiety did start while i was on a course of it!!!

Any advice for a very distressed and desperate lady please?

Re: Could Mirena be making me worse? Please help if you can

hi i had the mirena coil and i was ok the first couple of month i felt less anxious then it came back again plus i had constant bleeding and pain so i took mine out myself but i was told by another nmp member that it caused her anxiety to get worse x

Thank you. I am pretty sure its causing me lots of problems. I just feel horrid. I am going to have to speak to doc about taking it out I think. x

Sorry I am late to the topic, haven't been on in a while.

Have you gotten to talk to your Doctor?

Something I have realized over the years of dealing with peri is that the Doctors assume scripts are a one size fits all. Fact of the matter is that the amount of hormone you need today might not be how much you need tomorrow and the amount you need regularly will not be the same I need.

It is very possible that now you have to much Progesterone which can heighten anxiety the same as not having enough. P is our feel good hormone, which is probably why some of you note feeling better at the start but then not so much a couple of months in as your body gets regulated and suddenly you are getting an overdose of one or the other hormone, though it is generally the progesterone at the peri stage.

Personally feel I do better with a capsule form of BHRT progesterone. I can lay off it a day or two if needed or take a little extra as needed. Bit more control over what you are getting. Have heard the same from the women that use the cream.

I did a BCP early on for my peri symptoms and noticed certain times of the month when my own bodies progesterone should have been up that the anxiety was a bit more. These permanent forms of BC really worry me for the younger women out there, when I think of how much extra hormone they are putting into their bodies.

Thread Information