Thread: Getting really anxious again

Getting really anxious again

Hi, I expect some of you will remember my previous threads regarding a trapped nerve in my neck and how I was worrying I have a tumour on my spine. I also posted a thread a couple of weeks ago with the good news that a had an MRI which showed nothing other than wear and tear and a bone spur.
    I am now getting myself into such a state again as the pain just isn't getting better even though I am seeing a Chiropractor twice a week. She has told me that the MRI report showed no significant nerve compression so I don't understand why I am getting symptoms of a trapped nerve. The pain starts in my neck then in my shouldblade (where I also get a tingling sensation) across my shoulder, under my arm, across my chest and all down my arm and especially in my elbow. I am now convincing myself that I have a tumour where they didn't scan i.e. lower down my spine or in my shoulder.
    It is so horrible feeling like this, I feel so anxious and scared all the time because I am not getting better and I'm not even looking forward to Christmas like I usually do.
    Can anyone help me with what could be the cause of all this discomfort. It doesn't actually hurt to move my arm by the way and I also have good movement in me neck also. I am now into my third month of this.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and I hope I get some replies.

Re: Getting really anxious again

I feel so sorry for you Mary, your symptoms sound so similar to mine. Please, please be reasurred by your MRI scan, they are very thorough and wouldn't missed anything. I have only had my bad neck for 3 weeks and it really is annoying when it doesn't seem to get better. It will get better eventually and in the meantime please try not to get stressed about it becuase that will only cause more pain.
    Take care x

Thread Information