Thread: Constantly Worried about cancer and dying

Constantly Worried about cancer and dying

I was ill for around 6 months late last year/early this year with IDA which came to a head in May. I had 6 blood tests done over three months, an endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT scan (thorax, abdomen, pelvis) and MRI brain scan done as part of trying to find the 'internal bleed' the doctors claimed I had - nothing was found, my iron returned to normal with pills.

However, I haven't felt well since and my doctors say they cannot find a reason for my constant tiredness and malaise. Most mornings I wake up with nausea that lasts through the morning (I'm not pregnant!), I have a funny head - not a headache but feel dizzy at times and I have intermittent discomfort in my abdomen and pelvis. I feel as if I have a temperature a lot of the time. The doctor just says that I have had four thorough investigations but if nothing is wrong why am I still feeling like this? I'm scared I might have a cancer that they haven't picked up on. Help!

Re: Constantly Worried about cancer and dying

You have had 4 major investigations done nothing sinister found what you are experiencing is anxiety just anxiety and it’s ruining you u need to drop it 4 different things is so much if you had something one of them would of atlesst sent or warning bells get help for your anxiety do another cbt course or something that’s all u need

Mental illness such as prolonged anxiety and depression cause the symptoms you're experiencing. Treating the illness you do have goes a long way in treating the symptoms it causes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

But how would any of those investigations seen something like cervical or pancreatic cancer? This whole worry is taking over my life, I'm worrying about it all the time constantly and am now avoiding doing things in case I collapse whilst driving or in the middle of a shop.

The three CT scans that you had done would have seen any liver/cancer disease. Go out, run, enjoy your life. You're healthy and you have nothing to worry about! Have a nice day mate! God bless you!

I'm sorry you're going through such an anxious time. We all have our own worries here. Nausea can be related to anxiety. I had it for a couple months due to anxiety! Fatigue can also be a vague symptom. If you are hyper attentive to your body you will find symptoms like this. You are completely fine. You have had so many tests done. Instead of worrying you should be running around happy that there is nothing wrong with you!

I'm trying really hard to keep your messages of support that there is nothing wrong in the front of my mind (I have even printed them out and put them where I can see them to remind myself to think in this way.

When they did the CT scan they were looking for an internal bleed....would they even notice something more sinister if they weren't looking for it in the first place?

The MRI brain scan came back with'borderline' on my GP notes. The only thing the GP said was that I had sinusitis although he also asked me what did I want him to do for the ailments I had so I'm not sure how much I trust him as it wasn't my usual GP and who asks the patient what they want done rather than telling them what needs to be done?

It doesn't help that my friends keep telling me I don't look well...

Thread Information