Thread: A little intro

A little intro

Hi all!

Stumbled across this site while googling my symptoms.

I知 currently experiencing high levels of anxiety, with too many physical symptoms to list. I知 dubious that most of them are anxiety but I know they cause me to be anxious. Vicious circle I guess.

I知 not on any treatment (mainly because I知 anxious about side effects and worry that treatment will actually cause more different symptoms!) although I am supposed to be taking setraline.

Going to have a browse and see what information there is to manage this...

L... x

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya L... and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: A little intro

Hey..

Dont worry about the side effects of medication, remember they only effect some individuals and not all. However, if you are that worried its best to speak to your doctor who im sure will reassure you that the side effects, if any, will only last a short while. . Hope you find what you need to on here.

S.

Thank you both for your welcome messages and words of support!

I’ll give it a go, problem shared is a problem halved for a start... onwards and upwards

Hi L... And welcome to NMP Glad you joined us The one man thing you will learn on here Dr Google is a total no,no and will only send your levels of HA off the richter scale so advise you to stop yes meds do have side effects it often gets worse before you start to feel better but there are therapies out there too ask your dr or self refer as is often the case, Good luck on your recovery L... ATB

Thanks Bigboy.

I actually found a link in this forum for CBT for panic and from
    What I’ve read already I’m understanding what’s going on a little better!

I’m going to follow it through and have stayed away from my symptom searches for almost 24hrs and feel better for it... it can only get better right!

L x

Hi. Listen to Bigboy about keeping off Google symptom checking. I speak from my own experience that it only pushes you further into the hole. When I first suffered the physical symptoms of anxiety I spent hours on Google, never finding any answers. I then started to research anxiety and panic disorder and began to learn what was happening to our bodies. There are some brilliant websites for this, including CBT4panic, which explains why we feel like we do. This understanding was the start of me feeling better, because I understood the reasons. It works !!!. Anxietynomore is a good website, try it out. Good luck and keep off Dr.Google please.

Thanks senior!

I don稚 know how I致e managed but I have stayed away from
    Google ever since and I agree it helps. I saw the CBT4panic one and you池e right it really does give better insight and I知 using it - feeling positive it痴 working too!

L... x

Thread Information