Thread: Hello from a new member!

Hello from a new member!

Hello, I am Sarabi.

I joined this forum to talk with people with similar problems, to share experiences and perhaps alleviate fears.

I suffer from health anxiety, or so they tell me. It's hard for me to believe that such extreme mental and physical pain can be caused by "only" anxiety, but I suppose it's worth a shot to take into account.

Mostly at the moment I have issues with headaches, dizziness, sudden fatigue attacks where I have to go lay down immediately, weird tight and painful sensation in my throat accompanied by crackly popping sounds and a very visible pulse, rapid heart rate and poor vision. On an intense day, I have actually believed I will fall over and die. It hasn't happened, yet.

I also have epilepsy for real, diagnosed by a doctor, and the seizures upset me and cause me pain too, and knowing they can be deadly has made me anxious.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Sarabi and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello from a new member!

Good Morning Sarabi

Hate hearing about your health anxiety and the epileptic problem. I understand how those situations can be frighting. I suffer from congestive heart failure so the idea of dying is never far away.

My best suggestion would be to accept what you cannot change and let the fear go. Once I learned to not be afraid of death, my panic and anxiety went down. Now that does not mean I stop being proactive and take care of myself. It just means I stop letting the fear ruin my life. Sarabi, I hope this message helps. Best to you on your journey.

Thread Information