Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dicharge from mental health team?

Dicharge from mental health team?

Hi i am new,

I have recently been discharged from the Mantal Health Team, as i could not get to my CPA meetings due to being agoraphobic? they basically said they will help again when i am able to do more get out more and try harder?

The team are my only means of support , and i feel i have just been dumped as they cant help me!! i have suffered from anxiety/panic disorder for the past coming up 9 years and have had very little help. and the Agoraphobia for about 6 years now, i have found this year that i have just got worse, im convinced its connected to going thru early menopause , i have gone from being on 2mg diazapam, and 20 mg cipramil to same dose cipramil to now 4 x 1mg lorazepam a day just to keep me calm in my own home.
    i feel i have currently nowhere to turn for help and what i can do, i dont know if i should make a complained regarding my treatment from the mental health Team.. any suggestgions or any advice on anything in this openener would be very much appreciated.

Claire

I dont know what to say! You cant have home visits? Im agoraphobic and have home sessions with a occupational therapist. Thats what they are there for! It seems like theyve basically said "if you cant get to the meetings, you cant have treatment!" Thats wrong! they are there to help. I would look further into this and consider complaining.
    Becci x

Claire,

That is simply ridiculous. Aren't they supposed to be helping you with your agoraphobia in the first place??

I know of other members on nmp who have had someone from the CMHT visit their home for agoraphobia.

I would speak to your latest PALS office to complain, and here is a link to find out contact details

http://www.pals.nhs.uk/

I recently had a problem in that I wanted further dealings with the CMHT but was turned down. I complained primarily because I was never informed of this decision due to a cock-up, but I also put pressure on them to review their decision. This has resulted in the CPN calling me for a chat, with the possibility that they may give me another assesment.

Hope you get a result and let us know how this progresses.

Take care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi claire and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Hi Claire

I know exactly how you must be feeling,the mental health team in my area did the same thing to me "well if you cant get there thats not our problem" so i asked if there was anything else they could do for me and basically its a case of NO, what really annoys me about them is they really dont consider the difficulty in having agoraphobia, its like i said to them if i could get there on my own then i wouldnt have a problem.i also dislike the way they say "when you try harder" what do they think we do, i find they tend to brush this part of mental health to one side as they know its not going to be easy to treat and it can take time, my doctor recently referred me back to the mental health team they never even contacted me to see what i would like for them to do instead they got in touch with an acupuncturist who will see me but ive got to travel for about 30 minutes to see him which i know for some-one who doesnt have agoraphobia doesnt seem that long but for me thats a hell of an anxious trip to make, so no doubt i will end up cancelling and then im back to square one with them, sorry for going on a bit but these people really peeve me off

i do hope you get some kind of help and support as i know how important it can be

Take Care

Denise

Hi Claire

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

welcome claire............i hope you find the help you need thats not right what they did to you...i also suffer w/aagraphobia but getting better a little at a time so i know what ya going thru.best of luck getting someone out to your place...............Linda[8D]

same sorta thing happened to me. although I was offered things that never happened and then told they couldn't do anything else to help me.

I was offered to see someone... three times i tried to see someone only to never actually see anyone. I was also offered to join an allotment (how that was going to help I dont know), which looks like its going to have houses built on it soon anyway.

I had just split up with my partner when I was discharged as well. all my support had gone at the same time.

Hi claire,

Im so pleased you joined this website. I really hope you can get the help you so desperately need.
    Im sure youl get loads of help, encouragement,support and advice from this website.
    Hope you will come in chat someday soon too.

Take care
    LYNN xx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi i am new,

I have recently been discharged from the Mantal Health Team, as i could not get to my CPA meetings due to being agoraphobic? they basically said they will help again when i am able to do more get out more and try harder?

The team are my only means of support , and i feel i have just been dumped as they cant help me!! i have suffered from anxiety/panic disorder for the past coming up 9 years and have had very little help. and the Agoraphobia for about 6 years now, i have found this year that i have just got worse, im convinced its connected to going thru early menopause , i have gone from being on 2mg diazapam, and 20 mg cipramil to same dose cipramil to now 4 x 1mg lorazepam a day just to keep me calm in my own home.
    i feel i have currently nowhere to turn for help and what i can do, i dont know if i should make a complained regarding my treatment from the mental health Team.. any suggestgions or any advice on anything in this openener would be very much appreciated.

Claire

<div align="right">Originally posted by claire42 - 23 August 2006 : 13:24:56</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    stress management nurse therapist hypnotherapy councelling relaxation holistic indian head massage aromatherapy face neck shoulder massage hand made soaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information