Thread: Seasonal Allergies.

Seasonal Allergies.

I've had allergies ever since I was just a kid and I always just took medicine for it but ever since I devloped anxiety the anti histamines give me horrible anxiety so I kind of just suffer. I constantly have itchy eyes, scratchy throat, wheezy lungs etc etc and it just sucks. Does anyone have any like, home remedies for allergies? These symptoms mimic other illnesses and I don't really want to start thinking my allergies are anything else xD.

Re: Seasonal Allergies.

Oh trust me, your allergies aren't anything else. Mine murdered me even when I was on a pill for it. I get the itchy eyes especially and the scratchy throat, you'll be fine. This time of year is always the worst for allergies anyway, it's almost winter at least! I'd recommend actually getting a vaporizer/dehumidifier, it helped my allergies a ton.

Haha, it sucks doesn't it? I've felt like crap on and off for about 2 months now. I'll actually look into a humidifier though.

Have you tried non drowsy antihistamines? Or the nasal sprays?

I use to use the nasal sprays but they don't work anymore but antihistamines in general make me very anxious. My mother had the same problem with them.

I have hayfever so would take antihistamines for that. Initially I used the one-a-day non drowsy antihistamines but I found they were only any good until you got triggered by pollen again later. The nasal sprays worked a bit better then this.

What I found the best by far was an IR device you insert up your nose a couple of times a day for a few minutes. This has not only managed my hayfever better but I have years (like this year) where I have next to no hayfever at all.

They work by blocking the histamine. Could something like that help? You can buy them from pharmacies but they are everywhere now. You can't use them if you have certain sensitive skin conditions of the nose.

And, if you do it at night, switch the light off and you would see your nose glowing red! It's like that scene of the original (and best) Total Recall where Arnie's pulling that big red thing out of his nose!

Thanks for all the replies and yeah Terry. I'll also look into those. Never heard of them actually so I'll do a bit of research. I just wish antihistamines worked lol.

Thread Information