Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panicking over my high blood pressure!

Re: Panicking over my high blood pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'm 42 which is only about 2-3 years earlier than the norm for Hypertension. To be honest I found it more unusual that in the previous few years I had asthma clinic check ups where they do a routine BP check which were said to be fine which seemed odd since my anxiety was worse back then and I felt pretty amped up at the time

My anxiety is always worse for about 4-6 hours upon waking and since the BP checks fell inside that I did explain it could be a reason but they tested later several times to get around it. It's worth them knowing if readings can be influenced by anxiety.
    Vital signs are so confusing for me
    I think that before this crisis I never really cared about my BP and I thought it was fine every time a nurse or a doctor checked so I don't really know what my "baseline" BP is. Anyway, this morning it reached its lowest level since I started checking it, 120/60 after three or four checkings (the first was 130/70). I think this is some kind of progress

Quote Originally Posted by Howanxious View Post
    Vital signs are so confusing for me
    I think that before this crisis I never really cared about my BP and I thought it was fine every time a nurse or a doctor checked so I don't really know what my "baseline" BP is. Anyway, this morning it reached its lowest level since I started checking it, 120/60 after three or four checkings (the first was 130/70). I think this is some kind of progress
    Good news. Hope you continue to feel well and move past this irrational fear.

Sounds like you are getting there through exposure & habituation. Nice work!

Well, just to put a little update here I want to say that my BP readings are getting better when I'm relaxed. I'm having more trouble at night because my anxiety spikes a little more, but when I feel I'm less anxious my readings are nearly to my normal level. Tomorrow I have my appointment with the cardiologist and I will discuss this and I know that maybe in his office my BP will spike again so I hope he doesn't try to check it lol

Good for you! Mine never went back down so they put me on blood pressure meds and I have to go get ultrasounds on my kidneys and heart :/

Quote Originally Posted by Moso13 View Post
    Good for you! Mine never went back down so they put me on blood pressure meds and I have to go get ultrasounds on my kidneys and heart :/
    But how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Howanxious View Post
    But how old are you?
    I'm 21

Take a look at my main thread, I was on tons of drugs and peptides. BP was through the roof, now i’m 110/60’s. Just takes time, start going for brisk walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkdis View Post
    Take a look at my main thread, I was on tons of drugs and peptides. BP was through the roof, now i’m 110/60’s. Just takes time, start going for brisk walks.
    Nice work! My bp issues seems to be caused by my obsessive brain and my health anxiety, I have normal readings everytime I'm feeling really well and relaxed, but I'll start doing some exercise soon, I've promised it to myself
    Last edited by Howanxious; 06-07-18 at 08:13.

My cardiologist asked for a 24hr test of my blood pressure just to be sure, so I'm gonna take it in a few days and finally I'll put my mind at ease! Hope everything it's allright.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information