Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Thumping in Left Ear

Re: Random Thumping in Left Ear

Thanks for the reply! It is reassuring to hear from someone with almost exactly the same symptoms. I've had general anxiety for several years now, and it's mostly under control but some things do tend to bring it to the surface again! Even though I've just been getting this noise in my ear maybe once or twice a day for a few seconds each time, it has been really concerning me. I've had it for a few weeks now, and there's absolutely no sign of it getting any worse or anything like that, but my mind is constantly thinking "what if it worsens!"

I believe random ear sounds like that are fairly common though, and I guess a lot of people without anxiety wouldn't even give them a second thought!

The worst thing about it, ironically, is that the sounds themselves don't seem to bother me too much, but my response to the sounds does! I'm in constant worry every time I hear a little sound in my ear that it'll set it off again, but the logical part of me says "so what if it does? It lasts for a little while then goes away!" - I never listen to the logical part of me enough though

I just found this thread now. I get this weird sensation in my left ear when I talk sometimes, sort of like something vibrating/moving. It's hard to explain. I first noticed it a few months ago when I was lying down and then it happend again about a month or so ago (started when I was lying down again) and I started noticing it more,, no just when I was lying down. I went to my doctor a couple of weeks ago and he said the wax was impacted in my ears. He gave me some ear drops to soften the wax and I had my ears syringed last Thursday. I hadn't been noticing the sensation as much the last couple of weeks but have been noticing it again the past couple of days. Does anyone else get anything like this? It seems to happen mostly in my left ear.

Also my ear feels a bit irritated, I have eczema in my ears so sometimes they itch. Also I have a funny jaw that runs in my family, my aunt has it as well and my mum's used to get stuck a bit. Mine used to get stuck when I was a teenager and at the time I was told by a doctor that one part was growing faster than the other and it should settle down when it had finished. Now my jaw clicks when I eat sometimes and my doctor told me I have loose ligaments. I don't know if my jaw could also be affecting my ear?

The jaw can affect the ear some how, I know TMJ can cause dizziness.
    I also get ear ringing which can feel sort of odd too.
    I get a weird thing where certain noises seem to make inside my ears vibrate and makes me dizzy. I don't know if that's at all related to the ear ringing some how.

The wax though I think is your main cause, a build up of wax can cause ear noises.
    If it happens when you talk it might be the jaw or it might be that your ears are slightly blocked and the noise/sound of you talking Is some how affecting your ears.

My ears ring with odd frequencies and sounds too. My ears has wax deep inside and I have been using ear drops as well, and hopefully it will work but fingers crossed it will work. If not, will get my ears syringed soon. My ears are not that bad as they ring sometimes, I had tinnitus constantly about few weeks ago but now they are getting less. Weird.

I get this all the time in my right ear. And I've questioned if I have TMJ!
    Must be apart of it.

Thanks for your replies. I don't know much about TMJ, I might see if I can look it up or rather get someone else to do it for me because I don't want to trigger myself! I tend to look things up on here rather than doing a Google search.

Anxious_gal, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the jaw affecting it because it's all connected. I did have a lot of wax in both ears. I used to use cotton buds a lot in the past but had to stop using them because I got ear infections and it's bad for your ears. Although it is still tempting to use them sometimes! Maybe the wax is starting to build up again.

In the past when people have been talking a lot, my ears have seemed to vibrate, as if they've gone a bit oversensitive and the tone of their voice is too high pitched or something.

StarryBlueGal, I hope the drops help your ears.

Jenn, these symptoms can be so annoying! Hope you're doing ok.

Thanks for your nice comment - you mentioned your ears vibrate when people talking... my back where my vibrations always start... below my left rib cage in the back.. I could feel vibrations from people talking and I could feel the microphone as well when I went to bingo last night. I think I am beginning to be more sensitive to other frequencies and vibrations. It is very weird and is freaking me out a bit!

My family looked in my ears today and said wax is still there deep down... so I hope to see the doctor next week to have it sorted out.

Starry xx

You're welcome. Yeah, it could be that you're just picking up on other frequencies and vibrations more. I find that for me anxiety seems to cause all these weird symptoms!

My ears seem a bit better today. Hopefully that will help when you get yours syringed. xx

my ears are playing up loads today, i was having a good day now i have the floaty ringing ears feeling again. ffs :(

Sorry to hear your ears were playing up yesterday. Sometimes I'm having a better day but then I start panicking and it brings me down. :( Have you been to the doctor about your ears before? Hope you're doing ok today.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information