Thread: Inositol vs 5-HTP

Inositol vs 5-HTP

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has experience of both and which they found most effective with anxiety?

I have gone back on the 5 htp as I already had some in stock and have resumed taking it. To be fair it has really improved my mood and helped me relax a lot more especially today. Only been back on it for 48 hours. Could be placebo but definitely feel more relaxed.
    Just wondering if inositol might be more effective or not or just the same.

Also starting a vit b complex tomorrow.

Cheers

Re: Inositol vs 5-HTP

Anyone?!!

I've been taking this for about a month now and found it really good. Definitely takes the edge off my anxiety slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucysmum2011 View Post
    I've been taking this for about a month now and found it really good. Definitely takes the edge off my anxiety slightly.

Which one? Inositol or 5 HTP?

I've increased my inositol to about 1000-2000mg/day. No effect yet on my anxiety, but I don't think 10 Xanax bars would touch it at this point. Anyone know the recommended inositol dose for severe anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    I've increased my inositol to about 1000-2000mg/day. No effect yet on my anxiety, but I don't think 10 Xanax bars would touch it at this point. Anyone know the recommended inositol dose for severe anxiety?
    That's really way under the amount found to work in clinical tests if that's powder, melfish. If it's encapsulated then you will be getting more since 30% encapsulated equals 100% of a powder dose.

A good resource is examinesupplement.com. Here's the inositol:

https://examine.com/supplements/inositol/

At those doses it may bring some bowel troubles. If you use encapsulated inositol you can get the same dose at 70% less so less of an issue for bowel trouble.

Ah, thanks, Terry. Very helpful

Can inositol be taken with citalopram? Just started taking it and having side effects and wondered if inositol would help

Thread Information