Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else go from one worry onto another?

Does anyone else go from one worry onto another?

It feels like I go in circles.. for a few weeks i had an existential crisis, then I went on to thinking my partner was going to cheat on me or leave me for somebody else.. then it’s that I had a brain tumour and I feel like it just goes round in circles, before all that I thought I had a heart condition. I just want even a few weeks where I am completely relaxed and not worrying about anything!! X

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

I also find things set me off like if I’m reading the need paper and I read that a celeb has been cheated on or something then that will start me off onto a cycle of anxiety about my partner cheating.. I had to delete social media because I was worrying about something new every other week x

Re: Does anyone else go from one worry onto another?

Yes it’s not fun. I hate having health anxiety

This is my life. One worry to another. I would love to have one day without worry. I used to have moments without worry and I cherished those moments. Now the anxiety is always there.

I also feel like I go from one worry to the next, that there is always something that needs my attention and I can't relax. I would like to just turn. it. off.

One look at thread histories of many members will show that. Some fixate on one fear (heart, cancer, etc.) and others are all over the place. It's like every niggle is a deadly illness

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Absolutely. One worry goes because another takes its place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

It's as if my mind needs something to worry about. I even notice the anxieties overlapping. I have one predominate concern and then something else is minor, in the background, easy to ignore. However as the main concern eases the background concern comes to the forefront until it's dominating my life.

And yes the 'triggers' is a thing I've noticed too. You can go for months without a particular concern and then a news story rams it home. '[my gender] aged [my age] dies of sudden [health anxiety here]' and then I am off again. In those cases I try to find a rationalisation into how they're not me so that I can dismiss it.

I often wonder if that's what we're always looking for, the reason why we don't have the thing we worry we have.

Yes I do too! Family go mad at me! Wish I could help it!

What I see in this thread is picture of this is awful, had enough of feeling like this, just to get a few weeks with out feeling like this would be great! So yes you have my empathy, but have any of you seriously got help to address your HA?? ATB

That's how I feel, too. There's always something to worry about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information