Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else go from one worry onto another?

Re: Does anyone else go from one worry onto another?

Yeap, I'm in this cycle of worry constantly. It can change from one day to the next.... or if I'm lucky, one worry will last for a week or two until the next appears.

In response to bigboyuk , I am on an anti depressant and in therapy. I appreciate your candid post because it made me realize I can do more. I can exercise regularly. I can try meditation, etc. It does get so exhausting fighting this constant anxiety that I sit back sometimes and feel sorry for myself.
    Last edited by watercolors; 16-02-18 at 13:48. Reason: needed to put who I was responding to

Thx Watercolors well tbh you are doing something proactive which is always good and no that wasn't why asked but yes we all can do more rather just sit on our symptoms and say well Iam exactly the same that only reassures oneself that you aren't alone it doesn't fix the problem so kudos to you for tackling your problems it takes time but recovery is always in sight ATB

I have been practising mindfulness since my last really bad period at Christmas. This has helped a lot especially when I get chance to meditate as well. I realise this approach isn't necessarily for everyone but I know in my heart of hearts that long-term if I keep practising it will be my salvation from crippling anxiety.

The key is to recognise that what our mind thinks isn't reality. In fact our mind can be cruel and sadistic and enjoys punishing us with one worry after another.

However, if we become aware of this fact and accept how we feel without reacting to the thoughts and simply focus on the right here right now (not the past or the future) we can find peace. Well it works for me most of the time

Easier said than done, though, I appreciate which is why for me it is a journey and I need to keep practising. Today I have not been able to do this and have suffered. However, I will get up again tomorrow and try and keep focusing on what is right in front me.

Hope this helps a little. Best wishes in the meantime and know that the storm clouds will pass.

Welcome to GAD It's one worry after another.

Medication, journaling and daily exercise have helped me not to dwell on a lot of my worries. I highly recommend them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information