Thread: Am i alone with these feelings?

Am i alone with these feelings?

I really feel like im being fobbed off by doctors. I feel soo ill and everytime i vist they tell me its anxiety! I'm sick of hearing that word and dont beleive that anixiety can make you feel as bad as i feel! :(

I have a weird sensation in my body, it feels like a rush of warm air from my stomach then all over my body to my head, and when this happens my ears seem to fill up and i feel like im fading away.
    The last time it happened was when i was with my cbt therapist yesterday, we were talking about death (i've just lost a friend) and it came on.. he said it was adrenalin but i think its a seizure or maybe im about to pass out? - i think it was just a coincidence it happend at my cbt.
    my head also feels really heavy and tight most days and i get a pain im my neck and behing my ear and the bottom of my head. Im soo worried that its a neurological problem. I've had blood tests (quite a lot actually) and they all came back fine. I admit i am anxious but only because of how ill i feel but the doctors say i feel ill because im anxious! I've seen a total of 6 different ones now and a&e staff and i think that once i've told them im on beta blockers for anxiety the just fob me off! what can i do?.. :(

Lou

Re: Am i alone with these feelings?

Can anyone offer any advice pls

How often does it happen?
    It sounds harmless to me!

the rush sensations? a few times a week maybe

It does sound like anxiety. i get similiar at times. Freaks me out.

I know you hate the word anxiety but anxiety is actually a very serious illness. Just sounds pathetic and like something we should be able to deal will on our own and that will pass. When the reality is we need help and it doesn't just disappear.

Next time you see your Dr and they say 'Anxiety' ask them for help, ask for advice on how to deal with anxiety.

Im having cbt but the thing is its not working and thats because i dont beleive i have health anxiety i beleive there is something wrong with me!
    Yesterday i was with my therapist and all of a sudden my body started to go warm from my stomach up to my head and i fel like i was floating or about to pass out. i didnt pass out but i did feel very shaky and i took my pulse (a bad habit of mine) and it was 109.
    It such a horrible experience and i always feel a pressure in my head, it goes really tight. i have seen a lot of doctors but it annoys me because i think once they know ur anxious thats what they put the symptms down to! x

I know how you feel about thinking that ur being fobbed off, i felt like that for ages and it got me down and made me feel worse. I changed doctors and the best thing i ever did. At my new doctors they listen to me and take me seriously, thay dont blame everything on anxiety, i have been having tests to find out what is wrong with me, in fact ive got to go back this afternoon as they rang me up and said something has shown up in my blood. Have you thought about changing your doctor ?
    Sarah x

well i have just moved to a new area and have an appointment tomorrow to register with a new doctor. but i've been at my current surgery since i was born - its made up of 6 different gp's so i usually see a different one each time i go - they all say its anxiety but im sure maybe they just look at my records and say what the last doctors said! i know it sounds daft but im anxious about changing doctors too :/

Lou,

I get tired of hearing that all my problems are anxiety but in this case it really sounds like it is anxiety. I have had similar feeling that come and go and I too struggle with accepting that anxiety can do all this to our bodies. Good luck

Hey Lou, you are not alone (ironically enough my name is Lou too)! My health issues (including anxiety) started months ago and I too get that "flushed" feeling except mine was happening more often as I was about to drift off to sleep and was accompanied by the feeling of not being able to breathe deeply enough (if it did happen during waking hours it was usually followed by a trip to the bathroom with sometimes just gas to show for it all). I have had tons of doctor visits and tests and my doc said it's the "flight or flight" response triggering an andrenal rush (which was then quickly followed by a trip to the bathroom more often than not).

That was a few months ago and since I have started relaxation techniques and had my first psychotherapist session, these episodes have just about disappeared (I'm sure i've just set myself up by saying that - lol). Of course, I take a very mild sedative to get to sleep and due to my tinnitus use white noise to drift off. My psychotherapist said that the flushed feelings and breathing issues are classic anxiety-induced symptoms and I'm inclined to believe at this point.

I've always thought of myself as a strong minded and willed person and that I would never have anxiety or panic "issues" because that was for others. How wrong could I have been! The bigger they are the harder they fall eh? Put the blame on anxiety and the power of the mind to do unbelieveable things to the body. Good luck!

Thread Information