Thread: Panic following fight with husband. Very angry.

Panic following fight with husband. Very angry.

I am extremely angry with my husband and feel he is directly responsible for a panic attack last night after we fought. I have barely slept at all last night.

First of all, we were arguing about sex. Let me tell you that although I have had no sex drive for about 6 months now, I still do things twice a week just to make him happy. Well, twice a week isn't good enough for him and he wants more. I have told him time and time again that I have no desire and also that I have been very tired. I was considering compromising with him, then in a few minutes he came back into the bedroom. He got in bed and then asked me if I had sprayed bug spray on myself. (this is an OCD-type thing I do occasionally because I have a phobia of ticks) I said yes and then he asked, "are you being weird again?" Well, I lost it when he said that. It's like he just doesn't get it. First he has to hound me about the sex thing and then he trivializes me by asking if I'm "weird."

I came downstairs,he eventually apologized, but I had a big time panic attack complete with DP/DR and shakiness that I'm still going through.

I really just wanted to vent but if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Hi,

Sorry you had a P/A because of the row. It's very hard for non sufferers to understand at times especially the ones closest to you.

Over stress can bring on P/A. If i have an argument now with my hubby. I try to just walk away cause i know the more wound up i get the more anxious i become.

So i try as best (although can be tricky!)as i can to say look i'm not gonna get into an argument. I find he then comes around and is calmer to as the more i shout the more it winds him up.

Have you tried sitting down with your chap explaining how you feel and that by him pressurising you isn't helping. Explain to him just how your OCD effects you. Could you give him any information to read? So he has a better understanding of it. I gave my hubby some info to read on anxiety and showed him some things on this site so at least he could understand a bit more.

Hope you sort things out, Good luck.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

Having extra negativity just doesn't help but it is soo hard for others to understand or for us to help them understand.

I'm glad you patched it up

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

sorry to here you have a had a bad row and it set you off on a panic att i hope you feel better soon

amanda xx

Arguements always triggered a panic attack with me especially if I had a build up of anger I couldnt release. Try sitting him down and explaining how anxiety and panic makes you feel, let him read some info on this site. As for the sex - never give in to it just to make someone else happy - he needs to respect you and how you are feeling.

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

I have a problem with the anger thing too. I really hate getting angry as it can make me feel so crap.

I am trying hard not to avoid it altogether though. Whilst I want a calm and even life sometimes you just do have to get angry, or then you still feel angry because you didn't deal with it. Does that make sense.

I think the thing is to deal with it like any other panicky situation that you don't like - in small steps.

Assert yourself to get your point across but try to do it in a way you find managable.

Piglet xx

Thread Information