Thread: Fear of fainting.

Fear of fainting.

I'm new here and a little nervous to reach out but it has gotten worse for me recently. Does anyone ever confuse their D/P or D/R with fainting? I feel so out of it all day I feel like I have to fight to stay conscious. I've had this happen several times in my life. Everytime it all is diagnosed as anxiety.

For instance, I'll be talking to my wife and get anxious which seems to make me fade out. Is this common with D/P?

Exclamation Re: Fear of fainting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGinger View Post
    I'm new here and a little nervous to reach out but it has gotten worse for me recently. Does anyone ever confuse their D/P or D/R with fainting? I feel so out of it all day I feel like I have to fight to stay conscious. I've had this happen several times in my life. Everytime it all is diagnosed as anxiety.

For instance, I'll be talking to my wife and get anxious which seems to make me fade out. Is this common with D/P?
    I literally get the same thing my doctor said it was anxiety

Re: Fear of fainting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad10 View Post
    I literally get the same thing my doctor said it was anxiety
    It's frightening. I've never fainted so I get afraid that this fading feeling means I'm going to.

This is what DP is all about,sadly.. I get it often,way more than what I'd like and it's very distressing,uncomfortable and disorienting. Saying that,it really is just anxiety,and it will get better as your anxiety levels get lower.
    The feeling of being tuned in and out of consciousness is terrifying,I know,but you are not going to pass out as your adrenaline levels are high and there is plenty of oxygen in your blood. I'd suggest trying to reconnect with reality when DP strikes by simply observing your surroundings,paying attention to every sound,detail you notice,etc...i.e. practising mindfulness. Repeating your name and other personal info in your head also helps,so it may be something worth trying,or simply looking in the mirror and reminding yourself that you do exist and that everything is fine.

It's frightening. I've never fainted so I get afraid that this fading feeling means I'm going to.
    Yah I've had it for 2 years and I use to get it everyday yet I still haven't fainted aha!

Yah I've had it for 2 years and I use to get it everyday yet I still haven't fainted aha!
    It's exhausting!

It's exhausting!
    It really is and for me I don't know about you, mine came from change, my parents slit up and then I moved I was fine for 8 months then I had a random panic attack then the next day I woke up bang I was feeling so weird and not like my self -.-

It really is and for me I don't know about you, mine came from change, my parents slit up and then I moved I was fine for 8 months then I had a random panic attack then the next day I woke up bang I was feeling so weird and not like my self -.-
    Mine came after a pretty intense panic attack from a bad reaction to caffeine. I'm less afraid of it the last few days, but it's still so uncomfortable that I can't function well.

Thread Information