Thread: Period is so late not normal

Period is so late not normal

Hi, I have horrible periods so heavy but they are always regular. Apart from this one, I was due on last Saturday so am 6 days late! I am not pregnant, I was pretty sure there was no chance but did 2 tests anyway. I am not under any new stress so am now getting worried. So far on a 35 day cycle and tho I have period symptoms I have not started.

I am currently waiting for a laparoscopy due to pelvic pain but have never missed a period before, as much as I moan about them I long for it to start.

I am 31 and have 1 child, I am not on the pill. I am so scared and worried about cancer vagina or cervical, last smear was last year. I know the doctor would not be interested as it's only my first missed one. But just wondering if anyone has had similar to this? Xx

Re: Period is so late not normal

Periods can change as you get older, and they can also change due to stress. Some medications can also delay it as well as nutritional deficiencies or diarrhea. I don't know why you jumped straight to cancer. When you go in for the laparoscopy mention it to your doc if you haven't had your period by then.

It might not necessarily be that your period is late, but that you ovulated late this cycle...which can happen for so many silly reasons! I keep a tracker for my periods and I'm generally a 35 day cycle, but looking back it can vary so much.. I've had 26/27 day cycles, 30, 32...even as much as 40+ days! I found my periods changed so much after having my son. I've been as late as 6 days before too! Not sure how 'normal' it is, but hormone levels can fluctuate for so many reasons.. The fact you had a normal smear a year ago is probably a good sign you're all good and your body is just mucking you about this month

After I came off the BC pill, my cycles were every 35 days ... never were before I was on the pill. It was weird. I think they can change a lot during our lives.

Thread Information