Thread: Weird feeling

Weird feeling

So I have been going through anxiety and dp for 2 years now but now I'm obsessing about not feeling real like everything is almost fake is this just anxiety :(

Re: Weird feeling

Hey brad, I can relate so much to what you're saying. I started feeling like that back in August 2016. My situation all started with intrusive thoughts about life, humans, and earth. I started to question my existence and why we're humans and why we look the way we look. At one point I did not even want to look at myself in the mirror because I got scared of the human shape. I felt like an alien of some sort. My fingers and legs felt weird on me. It was a horrible feeling I still battle with. I became afraid of the sky and nature. Any noise will scare me. They were days I couldn't even look out the window because I was so scared and mind would tell me everything I was looking at was a fiction of my own imagination. I became obsessed with trying to feel normal again that I've driven myself into a depression rut. I'm trying to ride the wave and see when this will end. Sometimes I feel hopeless and sometimes I don't. You aren't alone I am in this struggle with you.

Re: Weird feeling

Quote Originally Posted by 1memorable View Post
    Hey brad, I can relate so much to what you're saying. I started feeling like that back in August 2016. My situation all started with intrusive thoughts about life, humans, and earth. I started to question my existence and why we're humans and why we look the way we look. At one point I did not even want to look at myself in the mirror because I got scared of the human shape. I felt like an alien of some sort. My fingers and legs felt weird on me. It was a horrible feeling I still battle with. I became afraid of the sky and nature. Any noise will scare me. They were days I couldn't even look out the window because I was so scared and mind would tell me everything I was looking at was a fiction of my own imagination. I became obsessed with trying to feel normal again that I've driven myself into a depression rut. I'm trying to ride the wave and see when this will end. Sometimes I feel hopeless and sometimes I don't. You aren't alone I am in this struggle with you.
    Thanks for replying! It sucks and I was told it's only anxiety :(

Thread Information